1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

I'm looking for a size and curve comparison between the two, anyone have both pairs and can drop an R2 lens over an XL and see how they compare?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. SpliceD

SpliceD B-)

I do, but I won't be able to get pics for you until tomorrow night =(

3. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

same 8.75 curve, sizewise not sure yet..i have a feeling it may be possible (cut a R2 lens from a FJXL lens)

4. Rustpot

I would appreciate it. Plan is to make an R2 XL. The Half Jacket isn't wide enough, it fits from what I've seen but it doesn't extend toward the temple where the R2 has the little spike in the lens.

5. SpliceD

SpliceD B-)

Oh are you asking to put both lenses on top of each other? If that's the case, i can't as the screws in my R2 are stripped :( I bought them that way, but didn't know until i saw the other thread about how Half Jacket lenses will fit and tried to do it.

6. Razerwire

Razerwire And then there was X...

Are the Asian Fit Half Jacket lenses different from regular Half Jacket lenses? If not, I can do a comparison.

My wife's Half Jacket is an Asian fit and I tried to put those lenses on my R2 and it didn't work.

7. qtrain23

qtrain23 3D Printing Protege

They may be a different curve

8. Rustpot

Dammit man! Ok, new plan. Send me a set of Fast Jacket XL lenses. Black Polarized. I promise I'll return what's left.

9. Rustpot

Ordered T5 and T6 drivers so I can get these suckers taken apart and bring the loose lens into the local Vault where they hopefully have Fast Jacket lenses I can compare to.

10. Jordan

Jordan Oakley Beginner

So can the Fast Jacket XL's definitively be cut to match the Romeo 2 lenses? I'm looking to get mine replaced.