• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Does Lihht Pass Through Rootbeer Split Jacket?

chaibill

Oakley Beginner
Keep seeing theses on vault site. Any one have them? Does sunlight pass through the frame?I want something with really good coverage. Thinking jawbone or split jacket.

The rootbeer frame essentially is a crystal frame with a matte finish. If your wondering if light passes through the frame, it does. To what extent is based on much light is directly focused on it. I can see your question as to if your driving and the sun is shining through you drivers window will the stem of the frame or the orbital help protect your eyes from the blinding sunlight, to an extent it will but not as good as the opaque (solid color/non crystal) style frames. I actually tried this with a smoked versus an opaque Gascan frame.

Just to add some info to the discussion, I actually contacted Oakley with a similar question a while back. My question was "Will clear frames, such as tortoise shell, block UV?" Their response was that the frames will block as much UV as their lenses will. So even though light will pass through, UV and blue light up to 400nm will NOT.

I have matte root beer split jackets and I love them. The color is awesome. To answer your question, they will allow light to pass through but the brown is pretty dark so the amount of light coming thru is not terribly noticeable.

I never noticed anything light seeping on mine... I think they look great with green thru bolts .... Mine were kinda MPH so I got clear and persimmon lenses ...Added some G30 lenses and some + Red on the way from Dr. Chop ... One of my fave pairs ...

All I need is the wind jacket gasket kit and I'll be satisfied ... ;)

Anyone know if you can change the icon colours?

I have rootbeer Holbrooks. The frame will appear lighter, but nowhere near as bright as a crystal frame. I enjoy them quite a bit, but I'm not sure I'd like the frame in a performance pair.

That said, I have a rootbeer M Frame. Luckily one cannot see the frame at all when worn.

Back