1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. TheDutchman92

TheDutchman92 Oakley Enthusiast

VR28 looks very transparent from what I can see, almost as much as bronze is, does it darken up much? Talking about plain VR28 not Vr28 w/black iridium

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. the piper

the piper Oakley Collector

It is a cool lens but probably not for bright light situations...lighter than bronze i would say..

3. TheDutchman92

Thanks piper, it's probably not my style then I would say, but it might have it's applications for driving at dawn and sunset

4. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

Not sure what you mean by "Darken up". It's a 28% lens, so it's going to be a lot brighter to look through than most of the standard dark colors.

They're still sunglasses, and the added contrast is nice.

5. mottles

mottles Oakley Beginner

It's not a transition so it stays the same ltf when it comes into contact with light.

6. Mickle

Mickle Oakley Beginner

VR-28 is an awesome lens, I have them in my 1st Gen. Ti-O2 Juliet's. Doesn't darken colours too much and isn't as strong as say the bronze. When people say its no good for bright light, I tend to disagree. It kinda softens/cools everything a little and is obviously better than no sunglasses at all. Of course, there are better lenses suited specifically for bright conditions, but I find the VR-28 a pleasure to wear!

7. TheDutchman92

Can you see a person's eyes behind the lense? I always think sunglasses look strange when I can see through them

8. Mickle

Mickle Oakley Beginner

They are a little reflective at certain angles, and not so at others. Generally you can see the wearer's eyes tho. Just depends on the lighting/angles etc. Definitely not a pair for perving lol