• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Does X Metal Rust?

@washi: xmas present for thyself hopefully, nobody beats me to it.

@vodou: you bet, since I joined the forum, i've been online almost everyday ...lurking around..hehe

Take note this is gonna be my 1st xmetal, pretty excited. hahaha

@washi: xmas present for thyself hopefully, nobody beats me to it.

@vodou: you bet, since I joined the forum, i've been online almost everyday ...lurking around..hehe

Take note this is gonna be my 1st xmetal, pretty excited. hahaha

oh forgot to say, dont even go straight to the scotch brite. after warm soapy water, wipe it down with a terry towel!! that USUALLY gets most of it off anyway!

But 1st i need to get the glasses before someone else does..hehe..then do all of the above, thanks for the input man, really appreciate it.

i always start with warm water and a good soaping. if that doesnt do it, you have to get more aggressive.. with the xmetal frame you want to be careful not to damage the finish - very lightly brush the rivet area with a scotch brite pad - too much can polish it.. so just try a tiny bit and see if that cleans it. then use maybe a needle or a pin to scrape out around the rivets where the scotch brite can't reach.

good luck.

Before the Scotchbrite pad you could also try WD-40. It takes off surface rust pretty well. Sparingly, spray it on a cloth and rub the rivet. It should take off a lot.

Yeah, I might also try that, we'll see, I'd probably use the soapy water 1st, then gradually move it from there. thanks for the input as well @maukarunner

it also has to do with humidity, as it is humid back home in the philippines as i'm seeing on your location. that adds up to when sweat and oils build up if its not thoroughly cleaned.

hey guys. just an update on this thread, unfortunately I wasn't able to acquire the juliet we were talking about here but I got a really good deal on a motorcycle instead. just wanna thank everyone for the.input.

Back