• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Doing Aftermarket Lense Reviews. You Can Add Other Models.

If anyone ever gets the opportunity to climb aboard an Oakley Rolling O lab or stop by HQ they demo their lenses against others and you will see why their is a difference. I have a few different brand aftermarket lenses, that actually cause a star like effect when light hits them directly, so in essence my frames only have original lenses in them I had to try aftermarket to see for myself......

Its your eyes, you decide: Oakley's Rolling O Lab: The Science of Sunglasses - YouTube

Have you ever been to an Oakley Rolling Lab? I guarantee you I've been to several and I know there are no lenses out there that can stand up to the tests and quality that Oakley delivers. Thanks xmetalmanic for beating me to that.

I understand about the rolling lab and love Oakley quality but again if you just follow blindly without seeing for yourself you are doing a disservice to yourself. How do you know that quality has not decreased? How do you know that there is not a better product out there? I am doing this to satisfy myself and know for sure. I don't believe in just listening to what people say. I have used oakleys since the early 90's so I know the quality. I used oakleys in the middle east because I know the quality. We all know oakleys are supposed to be superior. Why can't we have a thread without someone jumping in saying how nothing compares to oakpeys and everything else is fake. Seriously we already know it so please leave the thread alone and let us compare the products.

The after market lens depreciate the value greatly IMHO...the quality is nowhere near oakleys....although oakleys frames have become quite bland to say the least, their lens quality remains superior...I've had the after market lens...only because I didn't know the good doc at the time lol and they're okay if youve never experienced better....it's kinda like sleeping with an ugly chick....it's fine until you sleep with a hottie....and then you just feel nasty! So I'd compare the after market lens to an ugly chick! :)

Have you ever been to an Oakley Rolling Lab? I guarantee you I've been to several and I know there are no lenses out there that can stand up to the tests and quality that Oakley delivers. Thanks xmetalmanic for beating me to that.

Then quit trolling and let the thread go and experiment and evaluation.

The after market lens depreciate the value greatly IMHO...the quality is nowhere near oakleys....although oakleys frames have become quite bland to say the least, their lens quality remains superior...I've had the after market lens...only because I didn't know the good doc at the time lol and they're okay if youve never experienced better....it's kinda like sleeping with an ugly chick....it's fine until you sleep with a hottie....and then you just feel nasty! So I'd compare the after market lens to an ugly chick! :)

Well, never thought of it that way, but what an analogy! Lol

Ok... the thread is starting to curve away...... Lets try to stay on track here. Doing a search of the forum will show we have done numerous reviews of specific aftermarket lenses.. If we have missed some, let this thread review the ones we were unable to get feedback on.....

Ok... the thread is starting to curve away...... Lets try to stay on track here. Doing a search of the forum will show we have done numerous reviews of specific aftermarket lenses.. If we have missed some, let this thread review the ones we were unable to get feedback on.....

Thankyou. Many people have tried one maybe 2 but usually not more and this is what I was hopeing to do.

Back