• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Doing Aftermarket Lense Reviews. You Can Add Other Models.

We have found a lot of inconsistent issues with aftermarket lenses. The majority of us will say some lenses are too thick and dont fit in some frames correctly or they are slightly too big and cause the lens to bend creating distortion. Some Xmetal and wire frames that I have tried aftermarket lenses in resulted in the lens being cut too small and it moves within the frame orbital thus it will pop out when you try to clean them. I have seen some lenses with iridium coatings cause the person to see different color spectrums when being worn, not in the realm of gradient dark on top then light on the bottom, I am talking blues and greens as you look through them....

doowutchyalike said:
I don't care what you say, this is your thread, you can have it go in any direction you want. This is, however, an open forum and I can say pretty much what I want. So Romeo 2 is the only one you can come up huh? In my opinion, putting aftermarket lenses in your oakleys only degrades their value.

For having the sn "do what you like" you care an awful lot about what HE does with HIS glasses.

I'm all for this. Currently looking into getting some aftermarket lenses for the Juliet's I just gave my gf. Looking forward to your reviews.

xmetalmaniac said:
All I asked was to keep this thread on topic just a few posts ago. Can we try to do just that?

I was on topic at the end there lol.

What's the Fav aftermarket of the ones you have?

I have seen some lenses with iridium coatings cause the person to see different color spectrums when being worn, not in the realm of gradient dark on top then light on the bottom, I am talking blues and greens as you look through them....
i'll vouch for this. Exovista's hypergreen has pink tints through the extreme edges of the lens.

overall, Exovista's base tints are very dark, very low transmission. Samvette has a lighter base tint. my biggest issue with any aftermarket lens so far is the lack of that awesome Oakley clarity, and contrast boosting tints.

Hey guys this is my 1st post so please be gentle....I have a few pairs of Oakley sunglasses but my favorite is my X-Metal Penny....I find that I am not wearing them as much as I like too.....the reason is I prefer polarized glasses.Yes I have other Oakley polarized glasses but as I said before the Pennies are my favorite.Has anyone ever put in polarized lenses in their Pennies and and what are the best aftermarket lenses? I just wish Oakley made them...Thanks

Hey guys this is my 1st post so please be gentle....I have a few pairs of Oakley sunglasses but my favorite is my X-Metal Penny....I find that I am not wearing them as much as I like too.....the reason is I prefer polarized glasses.Yes I have other Oakley polarized glasses but as I said before the Pennies are my favorite.Has anyone ever put in polarized lenses in their Pennies and and what are the best aftermarket lenses? I just wish Oakley made them...Thanks

i find cheap aftermarket polarized lenses are just poor anyway so i usually dont care for them. but if you have a hankering, walleva is cheap, and VL is good value.

i find cheap aftermarket polarized lenses are just poor anyway so i usually dont care for them. but if you have a hankering, walleva is cheap, and VL is good value.
Thanks for the reply....That's what I figured about the aftermarket lenses....Just curious if there was a high quality aftermarket factory like lense out there....Well thanks again for the help

Thanks for the reply....That's what I figured about the aftermarket lenses....Just curious if there was a high quality aftermarket factory like lense out there....Well thanks again for the help

seriously though, try VL if youre keen. its not as poor as some make it out to be.. not HDO perfect but decent. light transmission is generally lower in these aftermarkets too so you can only judge it on a bright sunny day. indoors they will be real dark.

Back