• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Doing Aftermarket Lense Reviews. You Can Add Other Models.

seriously though, try VL if youre keen. its not as poor as some make it out to be.. not HDO perfect but decent. light transmission is generally lower in these aftermarkets too so you can only judge it on a bright sunny day. indoors they will be real dark.

According to VL, theirs is HIGHER. 18% across the board...though users are telling me otherwise. I'm still trying to get a solid answer on this and I'd like to know because I'm either getting a Violet custom cut (may be hard to do and get the right curve) or going aftermarket and VL is the only company that makes a decent looking Violet clone...but it says 18%. I might check with Batwolf...I know he's got some, maybe he can provide insight.

If anyone ever gets the opportunity to climb aboard an Oakley Rolling O lab or stop by HQ they demo their lenses against others and you will see why their is a difference. I have a few different brand aftermarket lenses, that actually cause a star like effect when light hits them directly, so in essence my frames only have original lenses in them I had to try aftermarket to see for myself......

Its your eyes, you decide: Oakley's Rolling O Lab: The Science of Sunglasses - YouTube

wow, even though i wear oakleys, i never really seen anything like this. now another reason to wear them even more often. safety

I just received my evolenses in Red plus for my Oakley Juliets. I previously had a set of VL lenses which were clear and crisp, but were too thin for the frames. They rattled a bit and I had to be very careful when cleaning them due to the propensity for them to pop out. Found evolense on this forum, gave them a shot and am glad I did. The fit is much better than the VL's and the the clarity is excellent for daily use. I'll put the polarization to the test in a week or so when I hit the streams for some steelhead fly fishing. Shipping was quick, and responses to emails was impressive.

I have walleva ice lenses in my plasma Juliet, they are thinner than oem but not to the point they slide or move around, just when pressure is applied you can feel them move. I believe the light transmission is 16% compared to Oakley oem of 9%...very noticeable, I'm not "unhappy" with the lenses as such, the price was very reasonable and they look great but in future i think I'll just pay the extra for Oakley lenses or if the color I want is unavailable I'll probably try exovista.. Quite like the look of the liquid metal just concerned they may be very dark.

I'm curious as to what the Linegear range is like. They have some nice looking colour options. They are expensive tho!! You can add a few more dollars and get the real deal from Oakley. They must be good for the price.... one would assume?

I'm curious as to what the Linegear range is like. They have some nice looking colour options. They are expensive tho!! You can add a few more dollars and get the real deal from Oakley. They must be good for the price.... one would assume?

I would only get their lenses if it was on a model I cant get o lenses for. I am thinking of getting a set for a pair of x metal xx as I can not get the blue I want for them.

I recently bought a pair of Jawbone frames with Samvette lenses on ebay. Jawbones frames did not come with tags but confirmed legitimate at Oakley store. Samvette polarized lenses at first seemed fine, but on direct comparison with Oakley black iridium I realized that the Samvettes were somewhat blurry. I also did not like the open vents as they allowed too much sunlight to pass through. I replaced the Samvettes with Oakley black iridium and finally feel satisfied. The experience convinced me to only go with Oakley lenses in the future. They really are that good.

Back