• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Doing Aftermarket Lense Reviews. You Can Add Other Models.

That is not a correct statement at all. I will cut lenses for an R2 providing a suitable base is available. At the time you posted, I had not found anything that truly fit as it needed to due to the R2 having a very wide top area for the tabs. I do have a forum member and local actually looking into having his done, so this may be something in the future, near future.

As for the whole this lens, that lens, and what I cut is no different, excuse me, but you bumped your freakin head man! When an OEM lens is cut PROPERLY, they are equal to any other OEM lens, end of story.

You can put a Ferrari look alike body on a Pontiac Fiero and it's still a Fiero. Same with lenses. Morph an old Ferrari Body with a new Ferrari Frame/Drivetrain and what do you have??? A bad ass new handling vintage looking Ferrari, that is STILL a Ferrari. If these alternatives were worth a sh!t (excuse me), half of them wouldn't be $20 shipped. Problem is, most people buying them are the same people responsible for Oakley going the direction of following the trend, rather than innovating and being unique. I don't know who has it in their minds that any walleva sh!t lens is remotely close to ANSI spec that Oakley is, but you are nuts. When a lens that is supposed to fit in "X" frame is HALF the thickness, first off, it won't remain in the frame the same as an Oakley upon impact, which is part of the ANSI standard, it damn sure can't take the abuse of multiple impacts at 20 points like an Oakley (ANSI tests require certain amounts of impacts at varying locations across the lens surface, however they (ANSI) replace the lens with a new one each time an impact test is done, according to the R&D guys at Oakley), but I have physically seen an Oakley lens shot multiple times in varying locations on the SAME lens without breakage, ejection from the frame, etc. So there is TRULY no comparison. Now if you want some flashy color Oakley doesn't offer for something to be a shelf whore, drop $20 and put the crap in...Me, I would cut em or deal with the lack of color. The XYZ and HDO optics are what drive an Oakley lens to be superior, on top of the fact that the Plutonite (highest optical grade of lexan according to Oakley) material is just superior.

Not trying to rant, but this is one of those beating a dead horse topics, the only real comparison here is color vs color, the rest is already proven. You might as well go buy Louis Vitton knock offs in the alleys of the LA Garment district for your wives and put your stick on Pep Boys fender vents on your Tahoes with the Cadillac grilles.

Ahh... I have no clue how to work this forum. New to forums, not just this one. I am trying to have the lenses on a pair of pennys repalced. I would like oakley, not aftermarket. I seen a couple people say you can cut oakley lenses. Maybe you can pm me and help me out.

Ahh... I have no clue how to work this forum. New to forums, not just this one. I am trying to have the lenses on a pair of pennys repalced. I would like oakley, not aftermarket. I seen a couple people say you can cut oakley lenses. Maybe you can pm me and help me out.
I can also help you cut penny lenses of you are able to ship me the frame for a few days. Pm me. I can get almost any color Oakley lens into pennies. Trust me the genuine is better than any after market @dr.chop nailed that on the head.

I can also help you cut penny lenses of you are able to ship me the frame for a few days. Pm me. I can get almost any color Oakley lens into pennies. Trust me the genuine is better than any after market @dr.chop nailed that on the head.
only thing I have seen so far is the Revant Elite HC3 that is close to the OEM. I didn't have any with me at A2 Supercross to have tested, but I will next event for sure. Penny is a tough one as is since it's so small. They can be cut all day long out of damn near anything though..Chris definitely should have no issue there lol. The Fuse+ lenses are good quality Zeiss based, but not taper corrected. I can say the Fuel Cell lenses I have wear very well with no issues, but I would take the Revant over them if no oem was available.

@OakleyFrankFMJ
OIC!
Didn't realize it's another newbie posting on 2 year old posts like I once did lol.

Trying to find the PM button, and I failed. So I'm just replying here - would love to have some lenses cut by either you or @drchop for my Oakley Dispatches - OEM replacements are virtually impossible to find at this point, how does this work from here? Thanks!! - Byron

only thing I have seen so far is the Revant Elite HC3 that is close to the OEM. I didn't have any with me at A2 Supercross to have tested, but I will next event for sure. Penny is a tough one as is since it's so small. They can be cut all day long out of damn near anything though..Chris definitely should have no issue there lol. The Fuse+ lenses are good quality Zeiss based, but not taper corrected. I can say the Fuel Cell lenses I have wear very well with no issues, but I would take the Revant over them if no oem was available.

Hey Doc! Also sent @Chris A Hardaway and got your handle wrong, so I figured I'd just post this here - still haven't found the PM button, my apologies - would love to get some lenses cut for some Oakley Dispatch's, what's the next step? Thanks so much!

Back