• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Dont Buy these IH Juliets

I offered to take $100 off so I could get new lens, he wouldnt have anything to do with that. I think he thinks they are fine.
he must not be a collector
i have experienced this a lot (lousy sellers on ebay). what i do is take a very clear picture of the defect, then send it to the seller (along with his/her statement claiming no flaws). if he/she is a decent human being, a partial refund will be granted. if not, at least ebay has a documented pic and statement, for when i file a dispute on their a$$. it is almost impossible for ebay not to side with me on this case...

I offered to take $100 off so I could get new lens, he wouldnt have anything to do with that. I think he thinks they are fine.
he must not be a collector
he is definitely NOT a collector. unit only, no IH bag. and he claims the serial number is "55 oakley emblem 21.":lolsign:
and he calls the frame "silver carbon metal." yup, not a collector for sure....

After a few nasty experiences of being accused of damaging items while unpacking, now I always video opening a parcel, so the seller cannot accuse me of damaging the item and trying to make a claim.

The may have pulled the comments but the negative rating remains. Same thing happened to me. Potential buyers will still know there was something wrong about the transaction and probably avoid the seller anyway.

The may have pulled the comments but the negative rating remains. Same thing happened to me. Potential buyers will still know there was something wrong about the transaction and probably avoid the seller anyway.
Nope they pulled it all
If you look he has no neg feedback for the last 12 months

I've had this happen before. eBay CS described it to me this way....they Money Back Guarantee is the ultimate protection for the seller. In many cases eBay even pays the return shipping and you as the buyer get a full refund. As such, (and this is a direct quote) its "no harm, no foul"...buyer gets money back, seller gets item back- you're back where you were before. Now, I don't like that---it doesn't put anything in place that provides an incentive for properly described items. Basically a seller can just list an item any manner they like and say its perfect, new blah blah and if the buyer doesn't complain and file a claim when they get it, you're in the clear. Apparently the only way to leave negative feedback these days is to KEEP the item...dumb but...hey, there you go. At the end of the day I think of it this way---be a savvy eBay buyer and just know, if you happen to miss on a purchase and get an item that isn't up to snuff, you're safe and you'll get your money back with the ease you would with say Amazon.