• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Don't even think about it......

Juliet, oh Juliet, why art thou fake? Let me count the ways...

Suspicious listing:
1) Story doesn't jive - bought them years ago for golf and never used them, yet cannot find the box? And 10 available? Also, if you go to the actual auction and look at the other pics, one is of the box?
2) Categorized under "salvage parts cars"
3) Price - if the deal's too good to be true, it usually is... (though in this case it's barely "too good")
4) Stock photos only - always a red flag... Yet interestingly, these stock photos are of a fake...

Fake in the pics:
5) Orbital breaks wrong, as is typical
6) Hammerstems. You can tell that, barely, from the pic in the OP, but the actual auction has additional pics that show them clearly
7) The additional pics also show the flared earstems tips, as is typical
8) Hinges / jet intakes wrong, more squared than rounded, as is typical
9) General fitment of the rubbers is off, as is typical
10) Listed as polarized, but no etching
11) Carbon / Ice isn't an OEM colorway
12) If you do an extreme zoom of the reflection of the tip of the jet intake, you see a faint watermark that says, "These Are Fake"

(OK I made that last one up...)

Juliet, oh Juliet, why art thou fake? Let me count the ways...

Suspicious listing:
1) Story doesn't jive - bought them years ago for golf and never used them, yet cannot find the box? And 10 available? Also, if you go to the actual auction and look at the other pics, one is of the box?
2) Categorized under "salvage parts cars"
3) Price - if the deal's too good to be true, it usually is... (though in this case it's barely "too good")
4) Stock photos only - always a red flag... Yet interestingly, these stock photos are of a fake...

Fake in the pics:
5) Orbital breaks wrong, as is typical
6) Hammerstems. You can tell that, barely, from the pic in the OP, but the actual auction has additional pics that show them clearly
7) The additional pics also show the flared earstems tips, as is typical
8) Hinges / jet intakes wrong, more squared than rounded, as is typical
9) General fitment of the rubbers is off, as is typical
10) Listed as polarized, but no etching
11) Carbon / Ice isn't an OEM colorway
12) If you do an extreme zoom of the reflection of the tip of the jet intake, you see a faint watermark that says, "These Are Fake"

(OK I made that last one up...)

Seems legit.....

@kronin323 listen man, that list you drew up about these is all nice and stuff, but I've reviewed the listing and the pics and I love Juliets and I think you may be overreacting a bit here. I'm going for 4 pair. I'll put 3 in the exchange and make enough to cover the pair I'm keeping and a pair of OTT. And maybe a Time bomb. We'll see.

Just quit being a buzzkill, dude. Really.

Back