• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Don´t understand why MLB pitches don´t wear sunglasses !

I pitched from when I was 7 till college. Pitchers don't like glasses on their faces and try to stay away from prescription glasses too if at all possible.

When pitching, just throwing the ball to home plate, your neck actually snaps a little bit causing the glasses to come loose a little bit. Your always readjusting... I always hated pitching with my glasses. Stopped wearing them when I was 10 when I got contacts.

Also, when your in your stretch, looking at a baserunner on first is annoying due to the lense not covering your whole peripheral vision. So home plate might be under the lens, but looking at first base is half lens, half without lens coverage.... Extremely annoying. Then turning your head to get a better look may result in you turning your shoulders and a balk will be called.

Nothing to do with seeing the signs.. Just comfort, constant adjusting, and full vision through the lens

What I don't understand is the outfielders who have the sunglasses but keep them mounted above the rim of their cap, and I have seen missed fly balls in the sun and I think "duh!"...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Latest Posts

Back