• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Double Tap bracelet/band swap

MasterO

I should Work at Oakley
NJ
So I really like the double tap with the blue dial but I love a metal bracelet on a watch. So that left me with only 1 alternative....swap! Tell me what you guys think. It wasn't hard but I was a little disappointed that for this watch it's all just pins. I'm use to speciality screws and spacers Oakleys put out before. But all and all still a great watch and I love the weight it has.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
MasterO,

Thank you for making the vision a reality for me! I too have the bracelet but want the blue accents! How did you remove the pins?

Awesome job!

MasterO,

Thank you for making the vision a reality for me! I too have the bracelet but want the blue accents! How did you remove the pins?

Awesome job!
Thanks!! I'm glad someone else wanted the bracelet on the blue face. I was nervous be I never really modded any of my Oakley stuff. It was really simple there just a straight pin in the face of the watch to the band. I have a pin pusher for resizing watch bracelets and removing the pins so I use the largest size head to push the pin through. If I was going To do it again I would put something between the pin and the pusher to prevent scratching. They're polished pins and there's a minor scratch on one of them.

I definitely think the black face works better with the black band than the blue face does. Both look great with the metal band of course. Good swap.

That is the exact combo that I wanted to create, the blue accents with the stainless band. It looks great.