• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Double Tap Watch - Now Available

Just got to see and hold the bracelet version, it's SICK! Yes, it had the carbon colored accent on the crown side. It's a very heavy watch, face is as big or a hair bigger than anything else in the watch line up currently. Pretty sweet piece!

Just got to see and hold the bracelet version, it's SICK! Yes, it had the carbon colored accent on the crown side. It's a very heavy watch, face is as big or a hair bigger than anything else in the watch line up currently. Pretty sweet piece!
Oh man you are killin me!! Can't wait to get one! Thanks for the info!!

so one person in another thread who held the watch said it was smaller than the Gearbox, but you held it and say it is bigger than a Gearbox. lol. guess i will just have to go look at one some time. either way it looks killer.

Okay, went back to take a couple comparison pics....looks like the DT is just a hair bigger in case size compared to the GB, pretty much negligible. The mgr said that the specs according to Oakley make the DT the largest face in the lineup. And just to confirm, the carbon accent piece is there.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434943893.492856.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434943918.211665.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434943938.201422.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434943951.931057.jpg

Okay, went back to take a couple comparison pics....looks like the DT is just a hair bigger in case size compared to the GB, pretty much negligible. The mgr said that the specs according to Oakley make the DT the largest face in the lineup. And just to confirm, the carbon accent piece is there.
View attachment 159129
View attachment 159130
View attachment 159131
View attachment 159133

Thanks for the photo. After looking at these and the previous photo it looks like the carbon piece was there on that watch too. It's probably just the lighting. Just a question though. Is that carbon accent piece you mentioned just a darker anodized part? I thought it would be a carbon reinforced plastic attached to the bezel. Thanks.

No probs. Yeah, there is a definite difference in the thickness of the two cases. The watch is so sweet, I had to force myself to walk away, lol.

yea, the more i see it the more i like it. i will have to ignore it for a while. i just picked up a Stealth Gearbox in a trade and i already have a yellow face Minute Machine so it's not like i need one.

i eventually want to pick up a Double Tap and a 12 Gauge though.

Yeah, the previous pics' lighting made it difficult to see the carbon accent, but it's there if you look at where the bracelet begins from the bezel. It looks like they just anodized the stainless steel to a carbon finish...definitely not plastic or o-matter.

Back