• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Double Wide Info.

Hey guys I have a double wide case I'm going to be picking up in a couple days. I was wondering if they can be taken apart or if they are one solid unit.
Better off not trying to dismantle the case. You will have way too much fun putting it back together. But if you are into that feel free as they can be taken apart easy enough depending on the case you get.

If you do take it apart to transport it, take pictures and note where all the pieces go. It shouldnt be too bad though, if you have a truck.

Yeah I'd advise against dismantling it - the rivets that are actually bolts are aluminum and they can strip or break pretty easily, then you're SOL...

I remember saving photos of someone that took apart his case for shipping. I am not sure if it was here but I saved some of the photos for future reference. Here are some of the photos. Although it is from the same series, this is an RX case he dismantled. Photos courtesy of owner.

image (1).jpg
image (2).jpg
image (3).jpg
image.jpg

I remember that. Dude bought a case, had it delivered, and was surprised as hell that it was dismantled. I was too when I saw those pics.

Back