• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Double Wide Missing Shelf... What Valuation?

Ryan_C

Oakley Expert
IN
So I almost made a deal on a double wide display case and at the lat second, seller tells me he is missing a full self. What kind of negotiating leverage should I have on this? I originally was under the assumption there wasn't anything missing, but I am going to need a barrel lock and also a full width shelf.

What do these pieces cost to replace and is it polycarbonate or acrylic? Anyone have a full lay out of actual size for a direct replacement?

Thanks guys! I am most have a double wide!

Pretty sure it is acrylic. You can get another one cut maybe around $35 to $50 bucks. Only thing is it may/will have a different color to it. Now it won't be a huge difference but it may look different.
Sorry I do not have what size they are. See if you can get another $30 to $40 buck off of it. If it already is a good deal I would not let it get away because of that. I have had to fix a number of the cases that I have.
Anyway good luck and don't let it get

The shelves on the doubles is 3/8" thick clear acrylic. Id get at least 100 off the price if not a little more. Get it professionally cut so it's clear on the sides. If my laser was big enough I'd cut you one, but it's not. Find a sign shop locally to cut if for you. They will usually laser cut it or polish it for you so it looks good.

Thanks for all the good info. I was walking into Menards last night when I was on the phone with the seller. Checked their stock of any clear plexiglas. The thickest of any material was just shy of 1/4" and a 4x8 sheet was $170. Didn't know exactly how wide I needed though. I will be calling a couple of sign shops 1st thing Monday.

Back