• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

DrChopShop.com Logo Design Contest

many many submissions...I am really liking the creativity...don't forget to email them and we only have a short run left...

only 1 week left to get those entries submitted to me...Remember, they have to be emailed, not just posted..Loving some of the stuff you guys put together and want to see them completed and sent in..I will make it worth your while.

Doc, I really want to clean my design up and enter it, but i dont have the capability of vectoring the file. I don't have photoshop or any other high end image editing software anymore.

There are a lot of websites (vectormagic.com) to vectorize a pixel image.
The most important thing is a clean and large sample image.

Last edited by a moderator:
My question is why is the vector format imperative? Especially if it's for a website. Yes, pixel based art has it's limitations for high resolution use, depending on what resolution it was created in. Vectors obviously can be scaled indefinitely without distortion or pixelation. PSD art as long as it's created 350 dpi works for most uses if the original is of decent size. And yes, mine was designed in vector (Ai) then exported with layers to Psd. Then i added the effects. It could be done in Illustrator i suppose, just not by me lol. Anyway, i can supply you with my vector files as well as my psd stuff but i like the collaborative piece the best. If it was me, i'd colorize the cartoon elements and introduce shading and gradients along with some outlines to give it depth. Not try to make it 3d ish but more like a Warner Bros cartoon cel. Anyway thats my take. If i can be of service let me know.
Tim

only 3 days to go. there are a few here I would like to see finished, so hurry up lol...killer ideas

My question is why is the vector format imperative? Especially if it's for a website. Yes, pixel based art has it's limitations for high resolution use, depending on what resolution it was created in. Vectors obviously can be scaled indefinitely without distortion or pixelation. PSD art as long as it's created 350 dpi works for most uses if the original is of decent size. And yes, mine was designed in vector (Ai) then exported with layers to Psd. Then i added the effects. It could be done in Illustrator i suppose, just not by me lol. Anyway, i can supply you with my vector files as well as my psd stuff but i like the collaborative piece the best. If it was me, i'd colorize the cartoon elements and introduce shading and gradients along with some outlines to give it depth. Not try to make it 3d ish but more like a Warner Bros cartoon cel. Anyway thats my take. If i can be of service let me know.
Tim
I can lift the vector requirement for most, but it is mainly so it can be cut on my plotter as well if it isn't insane so I can make stickers.

Latest Posts

Back