1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. D-Rat

D-Rat Oakley Beginner

Hey all,

I was thinking about purchasing a pair of black iridium polarized lenses for my antix to use while driving in the car.
    I just got my G1 (learners permit) and polarization cuts out a ton of glare.

From your experience; do the antix/hijinx create any blindspots?

Is there a better frame for driving with?

Any tips/suggestions are much appreciated!

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. del518

del518 I have a few pair.....

I have (and had) a good number of Antix frames and lenses. There are no blind spots (considering you are wearing sunglasses). It is a larger frame and does not fit everyone....but it is extremly comfortabel to wear. If you need a polarized lens, you may want to check out VR28 black iridium polarized also.

3. D-Rat

D-Rat Oakley Beginner

Yeah, I love my antix <3
    Whats the difference between the VR28 black iridium polarized & the regular black iridium polarized?

4. del518

The base lens is different. With the Black Iridium Polarized you have a base lens that is Grey. With the VR28 Black Iridium Polarized you have a base lens of VR28, which to me gives better contrast. I have the VR28 lens in my ski goggles and love them for both Sunny and Overcast days.

I am sure you have been on the link below...but in case you haven't this will compare various lenses and you can read some reviews as well.

The Oakley Review - Lenses

To be honest you can't go wrong with either one.....I am just a big VR28 fan.

5. D-Rat

D-Rat Oakley Beginner

Yeah, I've been there many times :p
    I just read the black iridium polarized reviews and the VR28 black iridium polarized reviews & the Vr28 reviews seem to be alot more positive when it comes to driving.

VR28 is a brownish lens though, I have polished black w ghost text frames. Will the VR28 lens look weird in my frames?

6. del518

I dont' think so. I had the Antix Text Frames (sold them to Yoshi) and I wish I still had them. Someday I will have another pair.

7. D-Rat

D-Rat Oakley Beginner

I suppose I'll have to go check em out in person to be sure :p
    Thanks a lot for your help!

8. -=Jeff=-

-=Jeff=- Oakley Enthusiast

Lens colors I have used for driving and like:

Black Iridium Polarized

VR28 Black Iridium Polarized

OO Black Iridium Polarized

Ice Iridium Polarized no longer own)

I have also used:
    Black Iridium
    +Red Iridium Polarized

the + red is better for overcast days for me.. OO Black Iridium Polarized are my favorite followed by Black Iridium Polarized, then VR28 Black Iridium Polarized

9. xInZax

xInZax Gascan Addict

The lenses I prefer are the Vr28 Black Iridium or non iridium counterpart polarized, along with the OO Black and Grey Polarized.

I also enjoy Tungsten Polarized over Titanium, since it has a much less bronze look through them.

As for the frame, I don't see anything wrong with the Antix. The view is HUGE. I usually prefer the Wireframes for driving though. I carry the Nanowire 2.0 and Splinter's with me all the time in the car exclusively for those reasons.

10. sander

sander Oakley Enthusiast

I guess I'm the only one who loves driving with a pair of RazorBlades with Fire, then.