• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Driving Sunglasses

D-Rat

Oakley Beginner
Hey all,

I was thinking about purchasing a pair of black iridium polarized lenses for my antix to use while driving in the car.
I just got my G1 (learners permit) and polarization cuts out a ton of glare.

From your experience; do the antix/hijinx create any blindspots?

Is there a better frame for driving with?

Any tips/suggestions are much appreciated!

I have (and had) a good number of Antix frames and lenses. There are no blind spots (considering you are wearing sunglasses). It is a larger frame and does not fit everyone....but it is extremly comfortabel to wear. If you need a polarized lens, you may want to check out VR28 black iridium polarized also.

I have (and had) a good number of Antix frames and lenses. There are no blind spots (considering you are wearing sunglasses). It is a larger frame and does not fit everyone....but it is extremly comfortabel to wear. If you need a polarized lens, you may want to check out VR28 black iridium polarized also.
Yeah, I love my antix <3
Whats the difference between the VR28 black iridium polarized & the regular black iridium polarized?

The base lens is different. With the Black Iridium Polarized you have a base lens that is Grey. With the VR28 Black Iridium Polarized you have a base lens of VR28, which to me gives better contrast. I have the VR28 lens in my ski goggles and love them for both Sunny and Overcast days.

I am sure you have been on the link below...but in case you haven't this will compare various lenses and you can read some reviews as well.

The Oakley Review - Lenses

To be honest you can't go wrong with either one.....I am just a big VR28 fan.

The base lens is different. With the Black Iridium Polarized you have a base lens that is Grey. With the VR28 Black Iridium Polarized you have a base lens of VR28, which to me gives better contrast. I have the VR28 lens in my ski goggles and love them for both Sunny and Overcast days.

I am sure you have been on the link below...but in case you haven't this will compare various lenses and you can read some reviews as well.

The Oakley Review - Lenses

To be honest you can't go wrong with either one.....I am just a big VR28 fan.

Yeah, I've been there many times :p
I just read the black iridium polarized reviews and the VR28 black iridium polarized reviews & the Vr28 reviews seem to be alot more positive when it comes to driving.

VR28 is a brownish lens though, I have polished black w ghost text frames. Will the VR28 lens look weird in my frames?

I dont' think so. I had the Antix Text Frames (sold them to Yoshi) and I wish I still had them. Someday I will have another pair.

Lens colors I have used for driving and like:

Black Iridium Polarized

VR28 Black Iridium Polarized

OO Black Iridium Polarized

Ice Iridium Polarized no longer own)

I have also used:
Black Iridium
+Red Iridium Polarized

the + red is better for overcast days for me.. OO Black Iridium Polarized are my favorite followed by Black Iridium Polarized, then VR28 Black Iridium Polarized

The lenses I prefer are the Vr28 Black Iridium or non iridium counterpart polarized, along with the OO Black and Grey Polarized.

I also enjoy Tungsten Polarized over Titanium, since it has a much less bronze look through them.

As for the frame, I don't see anything wrong with the Antix. The view is HUGE. I usually prefer the Wireframes for driving though. I carry the Nanowire 2.0 and Splinter's with me all the time in the car exclusively for those reasons.

I guess I'm the only one who loves driving with a pair of RazorBlades with Fire, then.

Latest Posts

Back