• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ducati Juliet Real?

Real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Fake

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

darkhado14

Oakley Beginner
Hey guys,

New to the forum, bought a pair of Juliets from a non-reputable dealer in the old days (2000's but not sure when) when I was a naive child. Now I'm in the need of some outdoor sunglasses and pulled them out, noticed there is no serial number like some of my friend's.

I read up on some of the forums on here and looked at pix http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/juliet-serial-number-inquiry.31176/

So my question is they look very similar, but since my camera is so bad (Note 3), I can't get anything of quality. The ear stems are the same pointed inwards following the curve, the orbitals have the screw and the rubber o ring. There are 2 rivets in the nose. Looks smooth, slightly heavy but nice in the hand. Temple things have a 15 inside.

So did I screw up as a kid or did i get a good deal? I think i paid 200 or so.

Without pictures you won't get a great answer.. from the sounds of it, they sound good. But even crappy pictures might mean the difference between a definite yes or no.

Just thought of this, does anyone have a scale? I can weigh mine and see how much it weighs no way a copy would replicate everything as well as weight.

20140804_022223.jpg
20140804_022223.jpg
20140804_022216.jpg

You don't need to weigh them to figure out if they're fakes - they never made exact duplicate Juliet fakes, there are obvious visual tells. Everything you describe and from the photos you've posted indicate authentic. If you need further verification, post close-ups of the inside of the nosebridge and of the orbital breaks (the part you unscrew to change the lenses).

Those aren't the lenses that come with Ducatis so it's entirely possible that someone took a carbon frame and put some red rubbers on them and called them Ducatis. Without a serial and a matching serialed box, you'll never know for sure. But, Ducatis or not, they look like real Juliets. There's lots of authentic but unserialed carbon frames out there. I'd assume that's what they are without proof otherwise.

Regarding the weight, fake x-metals will be heavier than real x-metals, but real x-metals will seem a bit heftier than o-matter (plastic) frames. People don't use weight to spot fake Juliets because you can tell just by looking at them.

$200 is a good price, regardless of when you bought them. That's below retail, even for non-Ducati Juliets.

I think you can rest easy...

Thanks for the examination, I'll take some photos tomorrow in better light, and the lens that came with them had ducati on the right eye. I just bought some fire red cause I wanted to copy cyclops from X-men when I was a kid lol.

I looked at some in store and they felt the same, with all the same parts I guess. The employee didn't say anything or notice anything different about them so I guess that's a good sign? I was thinking replicas were so close you couldn't tell visually and need some ind of detailed comparison only experts like you guys know. I still have the original lens in the box.

Back