• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ducati Juliet Serial Number Question

talismanx

Oakley Expert
Seattle, WA
I'm talking to a guy that is selling a Ducati Juliet w/box, bag & coin. I have seen a picture and it looks correct. When I talked to him he says that the left lens says Ducati on it but that the frame does not. Is this possible? Do recent Ducati's not have a SN? He also mentioned that the box does does not have any special graphics on it (did not ask what the label said).

Also am I correct in assuming that the Ducati lenses are not polarized? Thanks.

I'm talking to a guy that is selling a Ducati Juliet w/box, bag & coin. I have seen a picture and it looks correct. When I talked to him he says that the left lens says Ducati on it but that the frame does not. Is this possible? Do recent Ducati's not have a SN? He also mentioned that the box does does not have any special graphics on it (did not ask what the label said).

Also am I correct in assuming that the Ducati lenses are not polarized? Thanks.

not knowing for sure, but i'd say its a MPH piece from a vault, or a later run with no serial? need to ask around on this.

According to the part number 04-159. These are original re-release ducati from 2009. Picked them up! $155. Only a very very minor scratch on the non-engraved lens.

juliet - x metal - black 12-636 DUCATI. Left arm says DUCATI then serial number. Left lens etched DUCATI. Box has black/red label with image of glass, bar code underside states part code and serial number which should match the left arm. some boxes may have text only label that state product/code/serial #, on either label serial starts as A, then frame/serial number. any pair with serial should have left the factory with a box matching same number.

juliet - carbon -black 12-673 DUCATI. Only Japan issue has serial, otherwise frame has no text/numbers. Left lens etched DUCATI. label red/black with underside showing part code and an A serial but this did not match frame (except Japan). some labels may be text.

both non polarized, both with coin, both with Ducati bag. Later version of carbon - black 04-159 in bigger box, revamped 09 issue, no serial, with bag, coin, graphic barcode.

Thanks. Ok so they are a bit of a MPH. The bag is normal and the coin is normal. Hopefully not bad for the price. I figure that the lenses alone sell for $60+ on fleaBay and the red rubber for about that. :cool:

alJy3.jpg

Attachments

• alJy3.jpg
    alJy3.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 418
  • alJy3.jpg
    alJy3.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 472