1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

Tags:
  1. DrumSTW3

DrumSTW3 Oakley Beginner

I bought a pair of Ducati Juliets on ThiefBay and just got them in. I also own an old pair of Ducs. I know Oakley stopped serializing them at some point (my old ones are DUCATI0297) but these ones I just bought dont say anything. The arms are completely blank. I thought Oakley always put the model number on the arms. The seller claims to "know nothing about these" and says they are from an "Estate Sale".

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

Complete or glasses only?

3. DrumSTW3

DrumSTW3 Oakley Beginner

Glasses and microfiber bag with Ducati tag

4. Wicked

Wicked Oakley Expert Premium Member

Got Red rubber and Ducati lenses? They are Ducati's.....they made a run with nothing on the arm stems, I have had a couple myself.

5. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

once they stopped putting on serials, it became impossible to distinguish an original ducati vs. a carbon frame that's been retrofitted with ducati rubbers and lenses. Nor does that really matter - that's the same thing they did at the factory, anyway...

But the fact you have a ducati MF bag to go along with it makes it most likely they're originals.

6. Eagle29

Eagle29 Oakley Enthusiast

I have a pair without anything written on the left arm. It comes with the proper box , coin, docu, and ducati bag , red rubbers and ducati lens.

7. Carrera1963

Carrera1963 Lover of Juliet Premium Member

Yep. There are serialled Ducatis, ones with nothing on from the 4th gen and ones with SKU and size from the 5th gen. So not to worry if all the usual Ducati paraphernalia is also present.