• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ducati XS

Exr29070

Oakley Beginner
South Texas
Went to vault. They had 1 pair left, display, which were jacked. They they'd give me a huge discount, of course I politely declined, would rather have a new pair at full retail than half price with the finish all jacked around the orbital. So they found a BNIB pair at another vault and are acquiring them for me. Should have on Wednesday. Pics when I get them :D

I bought mine at full retail too. I couldn't resist knowing it's a special edition colorway and it's on it's way out. It's a really nice piece, especially displayed with a Ducati Juliet :smile:

Congrats!

Just a suggestion, you may want to pick up that display pair. If they offered it to you at 50% off, it may be worth it to have it as a wear pair and keep your BNIB pair as a display piece.... unless you're not into displaying. Also, someone here may want that pair for half off. You could hook someone up and they could throw in a bit extra for your troubles.

Another idea is to use the frame as a spare parts pair. The Red Unobtanium will degrade over time with use. It'd be nice to have a spare set. If the lenses are ok (specifically the etched lens) that'd be nice to have as well.

Well half was arbitrary, they never gave me a specific price. But the lenses had minor scratches, orbital frames were discolored and spotted on the bottom part, and the unobtainium was torn on L earsock. Also I don't think I'll wear these much if at all for that reason of availability. I did get some PMs about the display piece and im happy to take pics when I pick mine up and arrange for purchase OR for transfer to your vault of choice. Just ask!

maybe the discoloration was just smudges from fingerprints? carbon frames tend to discolor at the slightest smudges from fingerprints. like spliced said, if they offered it 50% off, i would've grabbed it to use as a spare or probably help someone here in the forums looking for one.

Latest Posts

Back