• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ducati

Ducatis are awesome, i love how they sound so different from the japanese (I still love their sound) and looks are great too! Unfortunately I have to say I will never buy one to ride on the street. I consider myself a safe driver but I have been rear ended two times in 3 years. I won't take my chances with people not paying attention. Both times drivers at fault have said "I didn't see you". Damn, if you cant see a car stopped in front of you what are you doing driving. My plan is to buy a bike and race it in a track! Then I can't stop from riding it as fast as I can.

I love speed but as I get older I realize no matter how fast I go it will never be fast enough, so in essence I have learned to slow down just a bit and enjoy the surroundings more. Especially when granny changes lanes infront of you doing 180mph on a Hayabusa.....

Then again I am more of a Chopper rider, rumble and shake.....

I had a short fuse for stupid stuff people do on the freeway. Now that i'm older and (i think ) wiser, i just let it go. There's no point in endangering my life just to try to one up the *******. You never know who's got a gun these days.

i would love to own one but i guess it would take me a month to get killed on the road . . .

Had a Sweet 2005 Red/black Busa.
Was in Min condition until that last day and the Bike was a total Loss :(
I only had a Severly Shattered Clavical ( Collar bone ) Lucky I guess as it could have been worse.

The Wife wont give her approval for another Bike, probably best anyway I was getting way to comfortable with the Busa lol

Had a Sweet 2005 Red/black Busa.
Was in Min condition until that last day and the Bike was a total Loss :(
I only had a Severly Shattered Clavical ( Collar bone ) Lucky I guess as it could have been worse.

The Wife wont give her approval for another Bike, probably best anyway I was getting way to comfortable with the Busa lol
damn man, that's one serious piece of bike you were messing around on haha. serves you right! j/k, glad you are well now. I laugh everytime I see guys riding their sport street bikes with just a helmet and t-shirt and jeans thinking they are the **** lol. until their body gets torn to shreds.

I was just up looking at an 1198....

427171_375942505764460_100000461407075_1308718_1238001497_n.jpg

I have a 07 R6 and a 07 SV650S I just paid off... So I'm looking for a new toy!

My current bikes...

Last edited by a moderator:
1198S is a serious bike for a serious rider.. :D I feel the only way you can get seriously injured on a bike is if your stupid about your riding. if your a professional rider as you should be buying a1198, i think you should be fine. it's the young kids who do stupid things that get killed at least it seems that way.

R6 is a nice bike man, awesome yuo have one :D

I had a 01 R6 before that....

I do track days every summer and handle myself well.

Plus I'm used to riding V-Twins with gobs of torque!

I've been on a 848 a few times as well....