1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Hando

Hando Oakley Enthusiast

Hey, just got a pair of X-Squared Carbon. I've never owned a pair and it's hard to find pictures of the temple shocks anywhere that aren't walleva or linegear. Were the OEM temple shocks for X-squared hollowish? Also, can the frame be tightened with the hex screws?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Dallas O Hog

Dallas O Hog O.C.D. Oakley Collecting Disorder haha Premium Member Lifetime Member

Yes they are hollowed out. Idk how to go about tightening. Maybe @X-Man can help u

Last edited: 12/25/13
  3. Hando

Hando Oakley Enthusiast

Oh man, thanks for answering so quickly. Safe! Tightening the hex screws doesn't help, so yeah, gonna have to contact him eventually I suppose!

4. THE X-MAN

THE X-MAN Forum Sponsor Gold Forum Sponsor Premium Member Lifetime Member

THE SCREWS ONLY HOLD IT ALL TOGEATHER....THE RUBBER IS WHAT ADDS TENSION.DONT OVERTIGHTEN THOSE SCREWS.IF YOU NEED RUBBER I HAVE SOME OEM FLEXORS I WILL SEND YOU.

5. Hando

Hando Oakley Enthusiast

Oh I appreciate it, but after seeing pages and pages and pages of compliments on all your work I may just have to send them to you with other x metals that need tightening and refinishing someday in the far future.