1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

Tags:
  1. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

I know it will happen now and then, but lately there seems to be A LOT more duplicate posts.

I think some of the problem is on my end - one of the two systems I use to browse the forum has had the mouse click button acting up lately, giving a double-click when it was only clicked once, and I'm getting more duplicates from that system than the other.

But it's not just me; I've been seeing a lot from others, too, and it's also happened on my other system (though more rarely).

Could this be related to the general slowness of the forum lately? The slowness is less related to basic page loads and more database-related activities, such as posting or calling up alerts.

Regardless, could a filter be put on to automatically capture and ignore duplicate posts, when posted in quick succession?

mercat likes this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. mercat

mercat Oakley Enthusiast

Yeah I've experienced this lately..but no double-clicking on my end..I posted a thread then nothing happened, so I posted it again. when it was up in the forum there was a duplicate..

3. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

Yeah that may be what's happening to most people right now - what I've been doing is, when I post and nothing happens, I "Ctrl-A" -> "Ctrl-C" to save a copy of my post then refresh the page. More often than not the refresh will show my post as being made but if not, I can "Ctrl-V" paste it back in and try again...

The other problem, maybe with the mouse button, shows itself as posting like normal but immediately showing up two or three times in a row.

4. headpatrolman

headpatrolman O Addict

what, not sure what you mean

5. headpatrolman

headpatrolman O Addict

6. headpatrolman

headpatrolman O Addict

7. headpatrolman

headpatrolman O Addict

Oakleynerd likes this.
  8. headpatrolman

headpatrolman O Addict

Now I understand.

9. mercat

mercat Oakley Enthusiast

LOL

10. Wavecloud

Wavecloud Oakley Expert Premium Member

It seems to have started in the last few weeks or so for me. I thought it was my crap BT Broadband