• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Duplicate Posts

kronin323

Font of Useless Knowledge
Austin, TX
I know it will happen now and then, but lately there seems to be A LOT more duplicate posts.

I think some of the problem is on my end - one of the two systems I use to browse the forum has had the mouse click button acting up lately, giving a double-click when it was only clicked once, and I'm getting more duplicates from that system than the other.

But it's not just me; I've been seeing a lot from others, too, and it's also happened on my other system (though more rarely).

Could this be related to the general slowness of the forum lately? The slowness is less related to basic page loads and more database-related activities, such as posting or calling up alerts.

Regardless, could a filter be put on to automatically capture and ignore duplicate posts, when posted in quick succession?

Yeah I've experienced this lately..but no double-clicking on my end..I posted a thread then nothing happened, so I posted it again. when it was up in the forum there was a duplicate..

Yeah I've experienced this lately..but no double-clicking on my end..I posted a thread then nothing happened, so I posted it again. when it was up in the forum there was a duplicate..

Yeah that may be what's happening to most people right now - what I've been doing is, when I post and nothing happens, I "Ctrl-A" -> "Ctrl-C" to save a copy of my post then refresh the page. More often than not the refresh will show my post as being made but if not, I can "Ctrl-V" paste it back in and try again...

The other problem, maybe with the mouse button, shows itself as posting like normal but immediately showing up two or three times in a row.

Back