• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Durability oakley polarized lenses vs non polarized

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis F.

Oakley Beginner
Hi OAKLEYFORUM,
I am new here, i am from Perú. I have my first Oakley (and my first X metal): Juliet plasma 4th generation. Today i received my new oakley polarized lenses fire iridium from ebay (bought on December 31). Before it i have the lenses that came with my juliets (fire iridium but non polarized). My question is : How u clean your polarized lenses? Need a bit more care than non polarized ?

Thank you for your advice!!

DSC_0007[1].JPG

Last edited:
From a care perspective, treatment is the same. The polarization layer isn't on the surface of iridium lenses.

From a care perspective, treatment is the same. The polarization layer isn't on the surface of iridium lenses.

Thank you Kronin.

I ask this because my first oakley lenses (fire iridium non polarized) that came with have now some scratches on it difficult to eliminate (tipically for use) with my new ones i wanna be more carefull.

BTW in a short time i like to start buying another xmetal. Here in Peru its hard to find a good one and a lot of them are replicas.

Thank you for ur advices!

Thank you Kronin.

I ask this because my first oakley lenses (fire iridium non polarized) that came with have now some scratches on it difficult to eliminate (tipically for use) with my new ones i wanna be more carefull.

The polycarbonate the lenses are made of are prone to scratching, but really it's the iridium that scratches the easiest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back