• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Duties costs to the U.S.

Brian Nickell

I should Work at Oakley
I have a purchase from @saulsaul coming fir a set of 1st Gen Juliets! He and I have been discussing what to declare on them for insurance purposes but I don't want to pay a ridiculous amount in duties. Does anyone know what the duties would be or how to calculate them? Any information would be of great help. He won't be shipping from Japan until Monday so I have time for an answer but I just hope if I declare full value that it won't cost me a fortune! Please help!

I don't have much experience with something like that but why not have him declare it as a gift? I'm sure someone else will chime in soon who has better thoughts on it.

I never have to pay any duties.... and I claim full value

Technically in the US, with EMS / USPS or the equivalent, it's the buyer's responsibility, and "the honor system" unless you use an agency - they'll calculate it and charge you in advance and make the remittance for you.

I've been reading about the rules regarding duty due on international mkt secondary watch imports... Totally opaque rules.

Back