1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Brian Nickell

Brian Nickell Oakley Expert

I have a purchase from @saulsaul coming fir a set of 1st Gen Juliets! He and I have been discussing what to declare on them for insurance purposes but I don't want to pay a ridiculous amount in duties. Does anyone know what the duties would be or how to calculate them? Any information would be of great help. He won't be shipping from Japan until Monday so I have time for an answer but I just hope if I declare full value that it won't cost me a fortune! Please help!

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

I don't have much experience with something like that but why not have him declare it as a gift? I'm sure someone else will chime in soon who has better thoughts on it.

3. Dallas O Hog

Dallas O Hog O.C.D. Oakley Collecting Disorder haha Premium Member Lifetime Member

I never have to pay any duties.... and I claim full value

Brian Nickell likes this.
  4. Brian Nickell

5. Dallas O Hog

Dallas O Hog O.C.D. Oakley Collecting Disorder haha Premium Member Lifetime Member

Mark as gift and insure that ****. Pay the extra for shipping and tracking

Brian Nickell and saulsaul like this.
  6. Brian Nickell

saulsaul likes this.
  7. Supero100

Supero100 Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

Technically in the US, with EMS / USPS or the equivalent, it's the buyer's responsibility, and "the honor system" unless you use an agency - they'll calculate it and charge you in advance and make the remittance for you.

I've been reading about the rules regarding duty due on international mkt secondary watch imports... Totally opaque rules.