• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

E Wire Frame adjustment left orb is dipping down?

OakleyFreak

I put the G in GMoney
EveryWhere
So I got a pair of E wire 2nd gen on trade a while back
Never messed with them till this weekend.

Looks like the left orbital is dipped down and when on the left ear stem seems lower then the right?
Is this a common issue?
Can I go to the O store in St Louis and get them adjusted?
I did twist them some. But they still seem off

IMG_20150620_230530_741.jpg

Are you sure the nose pads aren't just out of alignment?

The reason I ask is that my Rx frames had a similar issue right after I got them. What I discovered was that I couldn't get them to sit correctly until I adjusted both nose pads to sit exactly where I wanted on my nose. Once I did that it became obvious that instead of needing to bend one side up or down the frames actually needed to be twisted slightly. The twist raised one side while lowering the other side slightly, but kept the nose pieces in the correct place. That made it really easy to tell if I was twisting the right way, and how far I had left to go. Now they sit perfectly.

The reason I ask is that my Rx frames had a similar issue right after I got them. What I discovered was that I couldn't get them to sit correctly until I adjusted both nose pads to sit exactly where I wanted on my nose. Once I did that it became obvious that instead of needing to bend one side up or down the frames actually needed to be twisted slightly. The twist raised one side while lowering the other side slightly, but kept the nose pieces in the correct place. That made it really easy to tell if I was twisting the right way, and how far I had left to go. Now they sit perfectly.

Hmmm I did similar to that as well
The twisting seemed to help but they are still off some.
Maybe Ill try the O store someday and see what they say
Also if you just look at the face of the frame and center the nose bridge the orb looks off
Thanks for the advise Ill prob play with them some more.

The o store won't do anything. They just sell glasses. They can't actually fix anything AT ALL.... At least in my experience.

It'll be tough to find someone willing to "fix" them given their age as most people don't want the liability of breaking them and not being able to replace them. Good luck!

The o store won't do anything. They just sell glasses. They can't actually fix anything AT ALL.... At least in my experience.

It'll be tough to find someone willing to "fix" them given their age as most people don't want the liability of breaking them and not being able to replace them. Good luck!

Yea
I have them kinda tweaked for now
Im debating about thinning the collection some. These may have to go

Back