• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Early Juliet

Nope, odds are they are the same. This frame is just discolored, hence the heavy champagne hues, making it appear gold. due to discoloration issues and variations in the amount of care people take, and the environmental conditions of where the individual glasses are stored, it will discolor at different rates and therefore cause a myriad of different hues. if you strip back the outer surface of any Gen1, its all bone-white/silver.

sidetracking. that ichiro pic. Juliet model? anyone care to guess/state the colourway? plasma/24k? slate iridium?

sidetracking. that ichiro pic. Juliet model? anyone care to guess/state the colourway? plasma/24k? slate iridium?

Yes, definitely not an XX. its a Juliet. Arms are hammerstem (clearly, from jet icon shape), and is definitely 24K colorway (aka XX, not new polished gold). Matte 24k with Plasma. Lenses look like Black Iridium to me, but knowing Ichiro, high chance that it is Slate Iridium..

Yes, definitely not an XX. its a Juliet. Arms are hammerstem (clearly, from jet icon shape), and is definitely 24K colorway (aka XX, not new polished gold). Matte 24k with Plasma. Lenses look like Black Iridium to me, but knowing Ichiro, high chance that it is Slate Iridium..

Correct. It's a 24k hammerstemmed Juliet made only for Ichiro. Slate iridium

you think anyone will try and frankenstein this pair? ha! i seen a XX X-metal/24k pair on FB..so i guess anything's possible? the pieces are interchangeable between the XX and Juliet right?

That's how BriP got the Julie-X. XX X-Metal arms onto the Juliet frame. So at least the arms are interchangeable.

Speaking of Ichiro, how awesome would it be to have Oakley call you up and ask you what you wanted for a personal frame release? I think my mind would blow a fuse at the possibilities.

you think anyone will try and frankenstein this pair? ha! i seen a XX X-metal/24k pair on FB..so i guess anything's possible? the pieces are interchangeable between the XX and Juliet right?

That's how BriP got the Julie-X. XX X-Metal arms onto the Juliet frame. So at least the arms are interchangeable.

Speaking of Ichiro, how awesome would it be to have Oakley call you up and ask you what you wanted for a personal frame release? I think my mind would blow a fuse at the possibilities.

haha i have a suspicion the nosebrodes are not the same though? BTW just bought a gen1 titanium off ebay.. will post comparision against gen1 plasma when it arrives. probably be like 3 weeks time but hey.

Back