• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Earsock mod?

Waz1.0

Oakley Beginner
Is this is even feasible with any existing earsocks? I have a pair of Minute 1.0 2nd gens that I wear daily where the earsocks are splitting pretty badly and becoming very loose on the frames.

This pair is very sentimental to me as I have had them for a very long time(8+years) and they have been through everything including my wedding, birth of my son etc. so I would like to "restore" them as much as possible. I have replaced the lenses a couple times now and am not overly worried about replacement parts or having to modify another frames pair of earsocks to make it fit, but I cannot for the life of me find Minute 1.0 earsocks that are in better condition than my current ones save for a single listing on ebay($25 for the pair) from a seller in portugal which I am skeptical about.
I considered getting something like a rubber putty(Sugru to be exact) and seeing if I can mold them to the arms and see if that works, but didn't want to do anything without looking at other options first and you guys seem to be the end-all-be-all of Oakleys.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Edit: added pic of damaged earsocks
20150325_215342.jpg

Last edited:
Dude! Looked up Sugru, what the #%&$ man! That stuff looks awesome! Probably wouldn't mold ear socks out of it but you totally could in a pinch. I'm buying some for sure to play around with :) I'd post an add in the exchange about needing new earsocks. I'm sure somebody could hook you up!

Yeah, I've used Sugru on several things as a silicone/rubber repair and it definitely would be more functional than fashionable, Lol. I was thinking of molding them directly onto the arms to fill out the area left by the removal of the earsocks, but I will certainly post in the exchange and see if anyone has any, Thanks!

Yeah, I've used Sugru on several things as a silicone/rubber repair and it definitely would be more functional than fashionable, Lol. I was thinking of molding them directly onto the arms to fill out the area left by the removal of the earsocks, but I will certainly post in the exchange and see if anyone has any, Thanks!
I just bought some on amazon 30 sec ago. I can't believe I didn't know this stuff existed! What have you got to lose? It's relatively cheap and could work well if you molded it carefully onto the frame. You could always take it off. I can't wait to get this stuff and start playing around with it!

Is this is even feasible with any existing earsocks? I have a pair of Minute 1.0 2nd gens that I wear daily where the earsocks are splitting pretty badly and becoming very loose on the frames.

This pair is very sentimental to me as I have had them for a very long time(8+years) and they have been through everything including my wedding, birth of my son etc. so I would like to "restore" them as much as possible. I have replaced the lenses a couple times now and am not overly worried about replacement parts or having to modify another frames pair of earsocks to make it fit, but I cannot for the life of me find Minute 1.0 earsocks that are in better condition than my current ones save for a single listing on ebay($25 for the pair) from a seller in portugal which I am skeptical about.
I considered getting something like a rubber putty(Sugru to be exact) and seeing if I can mold them to the arms and see if that works, but didn't want to do anything without looking at other options first and you guys seem to be the end-all-be-all of Oakleys.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Edit: added pic of damaged earsocks
View attachment 140422
hi, i recently purchased the minute 1.0 earsocks from the ebay seller in portugal! He is legit and they are new old stock.I ordered them from him and they arrived within 4 days to the uk.I think he has them in white,black and rootbeer. i'm very happy with them and compared to the original ones, they look itentical!

hi, i recently purchased the minute 1.0 earsocks from the ebay seller in portugal! He is legit and they are new old stock.I ordered them from him and they arrived within 4 days to the uk.I think he has them in white,black and rootbeer. i'm very happy with them and compared to the original ones, they look itentical!

Sold! thank you. I am jumping on those now.

Edit: I apparently got the very last set of black minute 1.0 earsocks from that seller. A little too close for comfort...

Last edited:

I've bought from this guy before. He has legit stuff and shops fast. Just be sure to buy two. All his listings are for one thing. Not pairs.

Edit: I apparently got the very last set of black minute 1.0 earsocks from that seller. A little too close for comfort...

Just saw more go up. May wanna pick up some spares.

Looks like he only re-listed the white ones. I almost considered getting rootbeers as spares or to use and wear them out first as I have Code Blue 2nd gen minute 1.0's and black( and rootbeer close 2nd) look the best with them. My current ones were definitely worn out, but my 4y/o got a hold of them and ripped the earsocks off and they just continued to worsen from there. Originals lasted approx 7-8yrs.

Edit: I definitely made sure to get a pair.

Back