• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Earstem Hinge Tightening...

There is another aftermarket source, they sell 'Virgin Teflon®' washers instead of Polyacetal (DURACON). I have not used either in my own repairs.

I have 2 pairs that went to visit the X-Man and both still have stock clear OEM washers, I presume the same ones I sent them away with.

LG does list theirs as "...excellent in rub resistance ... self-lubrication ... fatigue endurance, and stiffness" - that may help your Earstem Dysfunction (ED)?

The other 'Virgin Teflon®'-based washer boasts "Teflon® has one of the lowest friction co-effecients of all solid materials", but I don't know if more lube is better in this case?

:biggrin:

There is another aftermarket source, they sell 'Virgin Teflon®' washers instead of Polyacetal (DURACON). I have not used either in my own repairs.

I have 2 pairs that went to visit the X-Man and both still have stock clear OEM washers, I presume the same ones I sent them away with.

LG does list theirs as "...excellent in rub resistance ... self-lubrication ... fatigue endurance, and stiffness" - that may help your Earstem Dysfunction (ED)?

The other 'Virgin Teflon®'-based washer boasts "Teflon® has one of the lowest friction co-effecients of all solid materials", but I don't know if more lube is better in this case?

I see what you did there.

I just use laminating sheets and a hole punch. Smooth as silk and stiff as new :))

@scienergy sells the Teflon washers. They are thinner than linegear. I have used them and like them a lot. They are listed on eBay, item 161394801850, and I believe that's him selling them.

Add a drop of oil to the hinge area and tighten the screw just a bit more,that will reduce the friction on the washers and make the arms a bit more snug.just remember......these should open and close freely they werent meant to be super tight.you dont need to buy more washers ....the ones you have are most likely fine.

I only replace the washers if the frames need them,most frames have good washers i just remove,clean and reinstall but if the washers are shot......ill replace with linegear stuff.i personnaly prefer oem doubled up on my frames.

Latest Posts

Back