• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Earstem rubber

If it's doing that, it's probably a bit past it. Absorbed too much oil and grease. Have you tried new rubber?

These are oem ducati rubbers,cant throw them out,i think fingernail polish is the answer,they are super tight and you can remove them if needed.

Reviving an old post, as I'm curious on this.

Newer to X-Metals. Picked up a couple older Juliet's recently. I plan to take them apart and given them a good cleaning soon. However, the earstem rubbers on both pairs slide and roll around. One pair has black rubber, one has green Ichiro green rubber.

The black rubber I just went ahead and replaced with new black nosebombs/earstem rubber. They were beyond worn.

However, the Ichiro green rubber is still in overall good shape. While the rubber looks to be in good shape, I'm also a little hesitant to pull the rubber off for fear of it ripping. I don't want to have to replace with new, nor pay the price to find new (maybe challenging and pricey).

In any event, how do most folks clean the earstem inside? Soak in hot soapy water? Small pipe cleaner to get the extra gunk and oils out?

There was a thread about this some people were saying putting them in boiling water for about 10 mins worked well but sometimes left them sticky I'll see if I can find it and post a link

Reviving an old post, as I'm curious on this.

Newer to X-Metals. Picked up a couple older Juliet's recently. I plan to take them apart and given them a good cleaning soon. However, the earstem rubbers on both pairs slide and roll around. One pair has black rubber, one has green Ichiro green rubber.

The black rubber I just went ahead and replaced with new black nosebombs/earstem rubber. They were beyond worn.

However, the Ichiro green rubber is still in overall good shape. While the rubber looks to be in good shape, I'm also a little hesitant to pull the rubber off for fear of it ripping. I don't want to have to replace with new, nor pay the price to find new (maybe challenging and pricey).

In any event, how do most folks clean the earstem inside? Soak in hot soapy water? Small pipe cleaner to get the extra gunk and oils out?

The best way is to always remove the rubbers completely but in your case that you don't want to remove them you could boil the ear stems by themselves with out the orbitals. Or use a decent amount of hand sanitizer or dish soap to slide them off. They shouldn't rip or tear unless they pretty old.

Back