• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Easiest/hardest Lenses To Clean

M Frame heater cut. There's just so much there by the time you've got it cleaned it's picked up lint, got a new smudge, or you flat out missed a spot.

+1 on the fire iridium

From my little experience so far, I'd have to say that cleaning the fire iridiums have been tediuous like a biyaatch! Clean one smudge, find or create a new one....have to clean gently to avoid fine scratches/swirls, but not too gently or nothing gets cleaned....the color shows every little blemish, mark, speck, etc., but I still love them!

HA! so glad I don't like fire iridium. I second the warm grey lenses, i love that lens, so easy to maintain, which is why i like grey lenses.

ive got rubys in my TF3 Gascans and MY GOD what a pain in the ass those are to clean!! Its like moving the damn smudges all over. eventually youjust try to push it as close to the edge and give up.

great thread. ive been wanting to say that for a while.

24k are hard for me like in the X Metal frames you can't just pop them out to clean them very quick it sucks! And gray are really easy!

Depending how much fire is in ruby they become difficult to clean. But I agree fire is the hardest to keep clean but I love the look it so much. But I actually tried the hydrophobic kit that came with my livestrong jawbones and it keeps my ruby lens very clean. No streaks and swirl or smudge marks. My rubys look like they have more of a fireish tint to them. For easiest I would have to say warm grey or slate iridium

Back