1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

What are the easiest and hardest lenses to clean for you guys?

Easiest: Chrome Iridium

Hardest: Fire Iridium

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. del518

del518 I have a few pair.....

I second the Fire Iridium is the hardest to keep clean. Easiest would be Grey or Warm Grey.

3. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

M Frame heater cut. There's just so much there by the time you've got it cleaned it's picked up lint, got a new smudge, or you flat out missed a spot.

4. Uluahunter

Uluahunter Oakley Collector

+1 on the fire iridium

From my little experience so far, I'd have to say that cleaning the fire iridiums have been tediuous like a biyaatch! Clean one smudge, find or create a new one....have to clean gently to avoid fine scratches/swirls, but not too gently or nothing gets cleaned....the color shows every little blemish, mark, speck, etc., but I still love them!

5. yoshi1984

yoshi1984 I love working Dispatch

HA! so glad I don't like fire iridium. I second the warm grey lenses, i love that lens, so easy to maintain, which is why i like grey lenses.

6. btr

btr Oakley Enthusiast

Ruby iridium is the hardest for me, everything seems to stick to them. Gray or warm gray are by far the easiest.

7. Oakley Ron

Oakley Ron Oakley Expert

ive got rubys in my TF3 Gascans and MY GOD what a pain in the ass those are to clean!! Its like moving the damn smudges all over. eventually youjust try to push it as close to the edge and give up.

great thread. ive been wanting to say that for a while.

8. JOBEN

JOBEN Oakley Collector

24k are hard for me like in the X Metal frames you can't just pop them out to clean them very quick it sucks! And gray are really easy!

9. Menendez1293

Menendez1293 Oakley Enthusiast

Depending how much fire is in ruby they become difficult to clean. But I agree fire is the hardest to keep clean but I love the look it so much. But I actually tried the hydrophobic kit that came with my livestrong jawbones and it keeps my ruby lens very clean. No streaks and swirl or smudge marks. My rubys look like they have more of a fireish tint to them. For easiest I would have to say warm grey or slate iridium

10. ucdavis4PT0gpa

ucdavis4PT0gpa THE BEST IS YET TO COME

Fire hardest and ANY non iridium lens easiest