• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Easiest Way To Remove Earsocks?

cool tips. Do all these methods prevent stretching lengthwise and width wise? Speaking from experience with Juliets, the large tip of the arm inevitably stretches the sock. Especially when first feeding the ear sock through.

Thanks for the info guys!

I figured I would ask after fighting with two Julies... I went at it dry.

They were polished frames so they weren't real bad... But my next rubber sets will be going on X-Metal frames and I wasn't looking forward to installing them on a more abrasive finish.

cool tips. Do all these methods prevent stretching lengthwise and width wise? Speaking from experience with Juliets, the large tip of the arm inevitably stretches the sock. Especially when first feeding the ear sock through.

For sure, with the soap they slip on before your eyes. You barely need any at all, and you can take the sock beyond its resting point and use a tissue to remove the soap, and then back again and wipe the soap residue until your satisfied.

best way is hand soap. hand sanitizer works but i dont trust the Alcohol near the rubber... its a recipe for disintegration.. hand soap you can slip it on easy, then just rinse under running water whilst turning the earsock in place to flush out the soap after.

nice info..just wrestled the new earsocks dry into the juliet..what a pain!

btw..what is the name of the rubber (oblong shaped) that is in the hinge of the ear stem and the frame?..I only have red..wish I could get some blacks..the black earsocks kit that I bought before does not include a pair of this..

Back