• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Easy LED conversion for Spline case w/o an AC -> DC conversion ($17 total)

I ordered directly from your link

You're good then. Those bulbs are rated up to 28volts. The ones that will burn up are only 12volts. I don't want to link to any of those so that no one orders the wrong ones, but here's a screenshot of the notice in the listing:

Screen Shot 2015-11-07 at 10.27.59 PM.png

Broken english, but still. Also, I don't gain anything from someone buying these bulbs, and just wanted to help out anyone that wanted LED bulbs in their case, so if anyone is worried about the bulbs, then you shouldn't use them. I have no worries with them though. I've had mine on for over 30 hours and they are cool to the touch. I don't plan on turning them off any time soon either. At least not because I'm worried about them burning up.

Jestered - Thanks for this thread and helpful info. I just picked up a spine case yesterday and noticed after 3 minutes I couldn't get a hand NEAR those lights! And the top shelf is useless for 3-tiers (in my opinion, probably fine but I'm paranoid). Ordered these from your link and they will be here shortly!

I was really concerned with how hot those standard bulbs were making it in the cabinet. These LED bulbs are not hot at all, so that won't be a problem for you. Let us know how it works out.

Will do, I'll get them in and snap a few pics....need to show off the new case too (first one) so there's a good excuse to post. Ahem...

Good job. There have been a number of posts about retrofitting with LED strips, but this is the first I've seen about using the original fixtures with LED bulbs. And nice attention to detail with the voltage thing...

Im sure everyone knows this but just in case. They make LED replacements for florescent tubes. Thats what Im going to use for these.

20151028_171437.jpg

Okay gents - my led's came and I got them in the spine case. As Jestered stated, they are bendy at the joint allowing you to push them into the existing bulb slots, they push in just about flush to the stops and all of them light AMAZINGLY bright and cool! I've had them on for over 3 hours now and just shifted one a bit with bare fingers.

I may even put the ducatis on the top shelf, since I'm not scared of the heat and the 4-tier tower now!!

Thank you again Jestered. :)

hey guys i got a question. I picked up a spline case a month ago and just got it sent up. im going to order these bulbs but the case does not have the wiring set up either. does anyone have a suggestion on what to use to wire it? a converter or something?

Would any one be Interested in trading a set of warm LEDs for a set of cool white? I ordered these for my spine case and am not a fan of the cool white in my office. Would prefer the warm.

Or, would anyone be willing to order me a set of the warm and ship them up to me? I had to order the cool white ones from eBay for $50 CDN as amazon won't ship up here :( A bit of a rip off.

Latest Posts

Back