• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Easy Storage Suggestions- Suitcase?

Mr. K

Oakley Expert
Seattle, WA
Hello All, Tried a search, but no luck.

I used to have a full on display at home with lights, Oakley Die Cast cars, stands, all the good stuff.

But moved and now no more space.

Anyone have suggestions, ideas, or pictures on an easy way to store about 20 pair of shades? Was thinking buying a briefcase and using cut away foam. But want to see what you guys do.

Just want something that will not take up a bunch of space and want to be able to open it and view all the options at a glance, so no "hidden in micro-fiber bags" Would like to be able to see them. but as some $ tied up in these, want them well protected.

TIA for ideas.

Will you be keeping the glasses in the original boxes or only a microfiber bag?

All the boxes are safe is air-tight plastic bins.

I would like to store the glasses outside of the bags.

Basically looking to open up a box/case/something, then have all he glasses displayed so I can grab and go.

Don't want to have to open up micro-fibe bags to choose a pair. Does that make sense?

20 pairs is asking a lot. You might need to get a few storage containers.

The Pelican case would be interesting. Line the lid foam with a microfiber towel (you can get a hand or bath towel size made for home or auto care) and insert the stems into the pick and pluck foam.

I have a couple Oakley cases that hold multiple pairs. The Rep case holds ~6, and the M Frame case I think holds 4-5 plus a couple lenses and parts.

Get yourself one of these or something similar-

http://www.amazon.com/Pelican-Laptop-Case-Foam-1490-000-110/dp/B001B1UMTG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1365392271&sr=8-3&keywords=pelican 1490

Pelican makes awesome cases and they use foam that you can tear out to your own shapes and sizes, perfect for keeping Oakleys safe. I'm sure there are other brands that are cheaper as well but I know from experience that Pelican cases are rock solid.

I second a Pelican case...
They're all but indestructable!

I have seen on ebay a black sunglass storage device. It holds I believe 10 pairs divided frim each other. I cant seen to find it right now. Maybe someone else knows the name if it.

Damn that's pretty. I feel like it should be in a movie when the guy shows up with the briefcase full of money, but with Oakleys instead!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back