1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Mr. K

Mr. K Oakley Enthusiast

Hello All, Tried a search, but no luck.

I used to have a full on display at home with lights, Oakley Die Cast cars, stands, all the good stuff.

But moved and now no more space.

Anyone have suggestions, ideas, or pictures on an easy way to store about 20 pair of shades? Was thinking buying a briefcase and using cut away foam. But want to see what you guys do.

Just want something that will not take up a bunch of space and want to be able to open it and view all the options at a glance, so no "hidden in micro-fiber bags" Would like to be able to see them. but as some $ tied up in these, want them well protected.

TIA for ideas.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Eckstream1 likes this.
  3. gene

gene Oakley Enthusiast

4. Ecko

Ecko Team RamRod Staff Member Premium Member

Will you be keeping the glasses in the original boxes or only a microfiber bag?

5. Mr. K

Mr. K Oakley Enthusiast

All the boxes are safe is air-tight plastic bins.

I would like to store the glasses outside of the bags.

Basically looking to open up a box/case/something, then have all he glasses displayed so I can grab and go.

Don't want to have to open up micro-fibe bags to choose a pair. Does that make sense?

6. Duke Nivram

Duke Nivram (Something Clever)

Qtrain made a small display that mounts on the wall that holds maybe 6-10 pair http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/current-metals.17368/ is that what you are thinking of. I am thinking of making something like this out of wood for the "daily" pairs and rotate stock from my Ikea Case that has all the pairs.

7. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

20 pairs is asking a lot. You might need to get a few storage containers.

The Pelican case would be interesting. Line the lid foam with a microfiber towel (you can get a hand or bath towel size made for home or auto care) and insert the stems into the pick and pluck foam.

I have a couple Oakley cases that hold multiple pairs. The Rep case holds ~6, and the M Frame case I think holds 4-5 plus a couple lenses and parts.

8. Eckstream1

Eckstream1 Addicted to O

I second a Pelican case...
    They're all but indestructable!

9. Ecko

Ecko Team RamRod Staff Member Premium Member

I have seen on ebay a black sunglass storage device. It holds I believe 10 pairs divided frim each other. I cant seen to find it right now. Maybe someone else knows the name if it.

10. Damn that's pretty. I feel like it should be in a movie when the guy shows up with the briefcase full of money, but with Oakleys instead!

Last edited by a moderator: 5/21/14
    Frogskins likes this.