• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ebay Buyers Beware

Oooooh yeah those are fake.

I think the speedyness of how quickly an auction gets pulled depends on how many complaints are received. Obviously just one report isnt going to instantly yank an auction unless you yourself are the copyright owner. Otherwise it would be way to easy for someone to get their competition's auction pulled.

You have to be registered with eBay under their VeRO program as an intellectual property owner and I'm sure that Oakley is. If a seller uses your pics or advertising copy (intellectual property of the brand owner) you can have the listings pulled under VeRO for unauthorized use of IP.

If the seller takes their own pics and uses their own copy there is nothing that can be done. This applies only to a trademark holder that doesn't want their genuine products sold in that marketplace or by particular sellers.

Counterfeit items still fall under VeRO since the items use someone else's trademark on the item without the permission of the IP owner.

Since there are some seasoned Oakley fans I could use some advice on an eBay auction. Everything looks good in the pictures. Haven't gotten a reply back from the seller and he has a good history of selling oakleys. Is 250 for some prizim Badman too good to be true?

Since there are some seasoned Oakley fans I could use some advice on an eBay auction. Everything looks good in the pictures. Haven't gotten a reply back from the seller and he has a good history of selling oakleys. Is 250 for some prizim Badman too good to be true?
Not at all. They've been selling below retail since launch.

Alright thanks for the warm and fuzzy. I'll give it a shot and hopefully it works out. They are going to be my beater/daily/customizable pair anyways.
There have been a LOT of people buying them, trying them, and then either returning or selling for a loss. Also a lot of people getting them at discounted prices and then reselling.

Back