• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

EBay Fake Frogskins Sellers List

Have any members had any problems with either of these ebayers? Feedback looks good for both. Just checking. Thanks.

sunsationaleyes01 or knjohn4?

pratthky sells fakes. He admitted that they were good fakes (they are) but still fake; and fought like a champ to only refund $10.
Here's the original listing:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&item=200928580940&view=all&tid=896644689010

I have the fake Lance Armstrong box and everything (the first big tip - shipped from China.
Anyone want some fake Frogskins for their collection?

I also have the name and address of their "warehouse" in Florida.

Cheers.

I don't understand why Oakley has always let people fake there products. There's gotta be a copyright law against using the O logo on Foakleys. Would be a lot easier to tell the difference.

I don't understand why Oakley has always let people fake there products. There's gotta be a copyright law against using the O logo on Foakleys. Would be a lot easier to tell the difference.

Companies usually don't and Oakley would be the same it is a copyrighted product, but its such a difficult, costly and timely effort to prosecute internationally, courts in one country have no jurisdiction over other countries, if you look at some companies like Nike who have successfully sued Chinese counterfeit factories, they only make a few 10's of thousands of dollars in return, and the counterfeit factories probably make millions off the counterfeit products. It's hard to stop. I remember in the 90's and early 00's when when Sim Lim square in Singapore was the goto place for pirated software, due to US pressure and modernizing trade agreements the police would raid and close down shops every now and then. They would easily pay the huge fines and then be back open the same day, they would make so much more than the fines they received and that's what keeps it running. Its usually cheaper, easier and more profitable to prosecute those in western countries who import counterfeit products even if they are for personal use and to prosecute those who import in bulk to sell them. Since western countries usually have modern law's and ways to enforce them properly through courts and customs seizures.

There's a red gen 1 pair on eBay right now and I noticed a little difference in the hinge and arm. Were the same hinges used on all gen 1's? It's metal but it doesn't have the two pins or whatever on the outside of the arm

Well I hope they are real because it just ended at $147.

No input? I wasn't buying them I was just curious. I have a fake pair of ray bans from Mexico that have a very similar hinge on them