• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

EBay - Home Of The Scalpers And Cutthroats

When I was in my collecting frenzy I only got burnt twice but I have bought mostly common stuff...no artist series or anything Years ago I got a tribal MD for 100 If only I kept it...

Another fun one over the weekend. Pair pops up with a terrible description, wrong lens described, not much in the way of details, etc. But they're RARE!

I offer $50-60 to end it early, the seller comes back saying $100 is what it would take. The guy doesn't even know WTF he has, but sure enough he should be getting at least $100 on the sale for a mismatch pair with grey lenses.

I hope they sell for $20 and I can send him a message telling him he's a tool and should stick to something he knows.

there's a few like that I tend to stick to buying common stuff from the same sellers...I did get lucky and got a Polished Black Flak with the reddest/best +Red XLJ lenses I have seen...from someone with only 6 feedbacks...expected to be ripped off and was shocked that these were brand new authentic and unworn/non-display He must have customed them and didnt like them immediately..but the people that accept offers and turn u down even when only 10 dollars away from BIN price kill me....like I said I buy the common stuff usually so have only had 2 bad experiences...one was a fake pair of Canteens and the guy replied with " I thought it was weird that I got 200 pair for 50 dollars" .. he refunded me right away

Honestly Rustpot you need to calm down, you'll give yourself a heart attack. Do you go in your grocery store and tell them they're tools too?

Do you go in your grocery and tell them they're tools too?

Haha - that would be class. I might try it.

Standing in the fresh fruit aisle next to some strawberries that are at their 'Use By' date - grabbing the manager as he goes past - "See! I told you they're not worth fking £3.00!"

What was the other bad experience? and at least he refunded you.
Yes I did get refunds The second one the guy sent Glasses in padded mailer and they came in pieces I probably could have pieced it together but sent it back That guy gave me the hardest time telling me to get $ from Post Office...what burns me is I had included a note saying I wanted cardboard box and would even PP a couple extra bucks and he sent it a day later in padded mailer anyway...I may have gotten fake MD's wayyyy back but cant recall...seems they had weird padding inside....thats why I stick with known sellers that have done right by me....yeah I wish I had kept the Tribal Dog amd my 10W40 but I'll live...after a while the fervor for Oakley dies down...in me anyway...OT butI dont care what anyone says Lux's Oakley is NOT the same as JJ's even tho lens tech is the same...overall company is not...telesales used to have people that would really work to make the consumer happy...they just posted HJ 2 OCP Polished RB but no Brown matching lenses...reply was "they could come tomorrow, next year ...or never" and they tried to push persimmon on me. If no Gold why not Bronze or VR28 Black..I cant wear the Polarized Gold so guess I wont be getting the frame. Thank God there will be 600 more Shaun White glasses next year(sarcasm)

Back