• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ebay Oakley Auctions Section

OakleyBoss

Staff member
Premium Member
Administrator
USA
Some of you may have noticed a new section titled eBay Oakley Auctions. This section is dedicated to eBay links. Right now it is set up to automatically import eBay auctions for searches I have set up. Currently it will import relevant listing for Artist Series, Frogskins, Display's and Limited/Rare pairs. I plan on adding more in the future.

Right now the threads are closed and posting in the section is closed. I figured we already have the deals & steals area for sharing eBay/CL ads. This is more of a way to stay up to date on eBay listing all from Oakley Forum. Anyone can easily go into the section and see new/relevant listings by title, and in the format of threads.

Also if there are any feeds/searches you would like to see, I would be more than happy to.

Just figured I would give a quick little synopsis on what it is. Just an easy way to look at eBay listing for the things we love.

i think, we all know, how to use ebay . . .
the first, what i noticed today, were these threads after i hit the "What's new" button and i thought a spammer!
imo it's annoying to see these ebayOakley's

SORRY Boss !

Those eBay adds clutter up my tapatalk. I have to browse through them to find real threads to read. It's actually kinda annoying. I agree with nerd, people know how to use eBay and can just go there to search.

I agree with Nerd and Fishy. I find it to be quite an annoyance. There's no harm in trying out new things for the site but this is an experiment that has gone terribly wrong. I vote "pull the plug".

To start, I at least disabled it in What's new, because I have to agree that was annoying. Now at least if you don't want to see it, you don't have it. If you want to, you can.

the point of us not posting ebay links in the forum (unless they were already ended etc) is so we dont have conflict with deals/steals being lost by those hardworking enough to hunt the bay.

doesnt this kind of just defeat that whole premise? plus its something we can do easily in our own ebay accounts IF WE WANTED TO. just sayin.

Well, you guys already are allowed to post ebay links. Check out the deals and steals section. We voted on it a while ago, since it was very tough to enforce when you can and can't post them, and the community voted to allow them.

I don't really consider these taking real "steals" away since, the real steals require some "Creative" searching on ebay or CL. This just gives you a snippet of whats out there. I also like it because if you are searching for that, and there are no results on the forum, you know there is one out there.

I'm not saying you can't do it on your own, this just brings it all together onto oakley forum, and makes it simple to read the titles.

I'm going to play around with it some more. I disabled it in the News feed, because that was annoying, I am also working on setting the amount it updates, hopefully to less, so that it will have a more natural feel to it.

Back