• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

EBay Rant

I'm another one that will put out the max bid early to see what happens.

It's sort of like fishing, you never know what you'll catch.

OTOH, if it's something I really want, I'll snipe at the end.

I bid early as well, I always browse the newly listed and if i see something i'm only kinda interested in i throw a low bid at it and see what happens. I hate when your the high bidder for awhile and someone outbids you with seconds to go. I mean I get it but still annoying.

If you're really serious about winning anything on eBay, you've pretty much got to be a last minute bidder. There are rare occasions when you can place a bid days early and win an item; but 90% of the time, someone is going to steal it away from you in the last 20 seconds of bidding. I think that's the big appeal of eBay for a lot of people. It's like a competition, and you get a rush when you snag something away from someone else at the last second.

May the man burn in hell that beat me on these. I lost by $1.

I'm seriously peeved right now, I never try to win stuff on eBay and this is what happens to me. F**k! I was checking back on this auction 3-4 times a day for 3 days!

I try to persuade the seller into a Buy It Now price most of the time, doesn't always work but when it does it is awesome. That's how I scored some Royal Blue Frog's last week.

theflyingtomato said:
I try to persuade the seller into a Buy It Now price most of the time, doesn't always work but when it does it is awesome. That's how I scored some Royal Blue Frog's last week.

I have done that numerous times, but sometimes they can be kinda a hard a$$ lol

OK, so here's the other thing that infuriates me on eBay. There was a pair of Black Chrome Scars that went up for auction with a starting price of $10, and a Buy-It-Now for $109. After a few days of bidding, the price hit the point where the Buy-It-Now option disappeared. In the end, they sold for $117. Hate that!

I can't understand early bidders either. Putting in a bid too early opens up the possibility for the seller (and his mates, or old Ebay account) to do some shill bidding to bump the price up.

Bid late, win cheap.

Works for me.
(as Fred Dryer used to say)

Back