• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

EBOLA Is Very Serious!!

pjd1234

Love em R1s
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Strip town
Well ive been reading the news lately and ebola starting to spread. I believe they have a case there in texas on a medical worker whos been infected. As you guys know i work in the medical field profession and all of us are in a limbo especially here in vegas as tourist here flock. Ebola is worst than aids/hiv as this will kill you instantly. I would like to know everyones input on this topic as i know there are a lot of overseas members here as well.

as posted a few days back i have some close calls to an ebola case, as we are the center that caters to almost all expat workers here in my place. that counts to around 1000 patients a day coming from almost all parts of the world. patient was from the country who have been an ebola hotspot... anyway i could give inputs on how to avoid ebola as we have built strong guidelines and pathways when it comes to this...

as posted a few days back i have some close calls to an ebola case, as we are the center that caters to almost all expat workers here in my place. that counts to around 1000 patients a day coming from almost all parts of the world. patient was from the country who have been an ebola hotspot... anyway i could give inputs on how to avoid ebola as we have built strong guidelines and pathways when it comes to this...
That be nice washi keep us updated, as we say the best cure is knowledge and prevention.

Here are some:

Signs and symptoms

Fever 37.5C and above

Body malaise

Additional symptoms:

· Severe headache

· Muscle pain

· Vomiting

· Diarrhea

· Abdominal pain

· Unexplained hemorrhage

Places of travel (within 21 days)

From

· Guinea

· Sierra Leone

· Liberia

· Nigeria

Close contacts with

a. Positive cases

b. Human remains of known cases of EVD

c. Direct handling of bats, rodents or primates from disease endemic areas

Just Observe standard precaution:

· Hand hygiene according to the 5 moments

· Wear Personal protective Equipment appropriately

· If indicated, Isolate the patient properly

· As the patient to wear mask if coughing

Here are some:

Signs and symptoms

Fever 37.5C and above

Body malaise

Additional symptoms:

· Severe headache

· Muscle pain

· Vomiting

· Diarrhea

· Abdominal pain

· Unexplained hemorrhage

Places of travel (within 21 days)

From

· Guinea

· Sierra Leone

· Liberia

· Nigeria

Close contacts with

a. Positive cases

b. Human remains of known cases of EVD

c. Direct handling of bats, rodents or primates from disease endemic areas

Just Observe standard precaution:

· Hand hygiene according to the 5 moments

· Wear Personal protective Equipment appropriately

· If indicated, Isolate the patient properly

· As the patient to wear mask if coughing
Great atleast everbody is informed when they see this thread.

and remember ebola is NOT airborne... you can get ebola by DIRECT contact (means you touched the patient directly) only and by the secretions like blood, saliva, sweat... it can only get airborne if you perform "cough generating procedures" such as intubation and CPR...

I know s...h..i...t thats the worst part of it.

lol... as long as you dont touch the patient you will be ok bro! anyway definitive diagnosis rests on isolation of the virus by means of tissue culture or reverse-transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) assay. However, isolation of the Ebola virus in tissue culture is a high-risk procedure that can be performed safely only in a few high-containment laboratories throughout the world. just remember if you have a suspected case just isolate immediately, standard precautions at all times, do contact tracing and PRAY!

You are lucky there in the states as you have all. for us here damn... iam afraid we will be called racists already as we always isolate people (specially black) from Guinea, Sierra Leone, Liberia and Nigeria. I have nothing against them but its a precautionary measure.

Anyway if anybody have questions about ebola just send a pm. maybe i could help a little.

lol... as long as you dont touch the patient you will be ok bro! anyway definitive diagnosis rests on isolation of the virus by means of tissue culture or reverse-transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) assay. However, isolation of the Ebola virus in tissue culture is a high-risk procedure that can be performed safely only in a few high-containment laboratories throughout the world. just remember if you have a suspected case just isolate immediately, standard precautions at all times, do contact tracing and PRAY!

You are lucky there in the states as you have all. for us here damn... iam afraid we will be called racists already as we always isolate people (specially black) from Guinea, Sierra Leone, Liberia and Nigeria. I have nothing against them but its a precautionary measure.

Anyway if anybody have questions about ebola just send a pm. maybe i could help a little.
thanks washi for the info bro I know we appreciate it.

Back