• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Elusive Plasma/Fire Romeo

CigarAficionado

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
So, what's the deal with the plasma/fire R1? Is it rare, or is it that O fans don't want to trade/sell them?

I know that a few guys on the forum have posted the desire for one, but not a response from any trader/seller.

I feel your pain Havana. Been looking for a complete plasma XX with ice for awhile now. Starting to think they do not exist :( Always on the look out for a R1 and have noticed the plasma fire is just as scarce. Hope one pops up for you :drinks:

I feel your pain Havana. Been looking for a complete plasma XX with ice for awhile now. Starting to think they do not exist :( Always on the look out for a R1 and have noticed the plasma fire is just as scarce. Hope one pops up for you :drinks:
Thanksbro

Is it rare, or is it that O fans don't want to trade/sell them?

You don't see them very often that's true and if I only had one pair I wouldn't want to part with them either. The expanse of Plasma makes for a powerful bright frame and the The Fire tint is gorgeous. Together they are special.
I listed a pair on eBay earlier today that are a very nice example that I got from Swininc.

Really amazing how back in 1997, the demand for this pair was not there. It was way too advance for its time. Even back 3-4 years ago, I saw a bunch of the plasma fire Romeo selling for $175 each at the Vault near me. I believe I saw at least 4 sitting in that DE case. But really if you havent been in the game long enough, there was a period when the Romeo hit rock bottom as I was able to acquire a few beat up pair for $50-$75 in eBay then only to send it to warranty then for them to send me back a few juliets ...including my Brown Juliet and some 24k XX X-Metal.

Really amazing how back in 1997, the demand for this pair was not there. It was way too advance for its time. Even back 3-4 years ago, I saw a bunch of the plasma fire Romeo selling for $175 each at the Vault near me. I believe I saw at least 4 sitting in that DE case. But really if you havent been in the game long enough, there was a period when the Romeo hit rock bottom as I was able to acquire a few beat up pair for $50-$75 in eBay then only to send it to warranty then for them to send me back a few juliets ...including my Brown Juliet and some 24k XX X-Metal.
Crazy, huh?

Back