1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. NUMBER 2

NUMBER 2 Oakley Collector

So, what's the deal with the plasma/fire R1? Is it rare, or is it that O fans don't want to trade/sell them?

I know that a few guys on the forum have posted the desire for one, but not a response from any trader/seller.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. freakface

freakface Oakley Collector

i am guessing no one has extras and just keeps theirs....but don't lose hope...

it took my a while to find my pair...

3. nyhokie

nyhokie Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member Lifetime Member

I feel your pain Havana. Been looking for a complete plasma XX with ice for awhile now. Starting to think they do not exist :( Always on the look out for a R1 and have noticed the plasma fire is just as scarce. Hope one pops up for you :drinks:

4. NUMBER 2

Thanksbro

5. CarGuy

CarGuy Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

You don't see them very often that's true and if I only had one pair I wouldn't want to part with them either. The expanse of Plasma makes for a powerful bright frame and the The Fire tint is gorgeous. Together they are special.
    I listed a pair on eBay earlier today that are a very nice example that I got from Swininc.

6. pennyhoney

pennyhoney Oakley Beginner

Really amazing how back in 1997, the demand for this pair was not there. It was way too advance for its time. Even back 3-4 years ago, I saw a bunch of the plasma fire Romeo selling for $175 each at the Vault near me. I believe I saw at least 4 sitting in that DE case. But really if you havent been in the game long enough, there was a period when the Romeo hit rock bottom as I was able to acquire a few beat up pair for $50-$75 in eBay then only to send it to warranty then for them to send me back a few juliets ...including my Brown Juliet and some 24k XX X-Metal.

7. NUMBER 2

Crazy, huh?