• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Embarass!

Funny, I had sent Infinitehero a message right after I posted asking him if he could cut me some violet iridiums. Good show, good show!

Funny, I had sent Infinitehero a message right after I posted asking him if he could cut me some violet iridiums. Good show, good show!

He did some violet ir pols for me for Juliets (in fact I'm wearing them today because it's partly cloudy and the violets are a contrast tint). Both Mars and Juliets can be custom cut from Big Taco donors so you should be good, once he stocks the donors...

Right now I just have those BI Craters but I have plans for a couple more Mars with customizations over the next few months... When it's done I plan to end up with:

- Stock BI Mars as an example of the original colorway (though I'll likely throw in BIP custom cuts because I gotta have polarized)
- Craters with oo red (or maybe +red) pol custom cuts and LG white rubbers (simple mods that can easily be put back to stock if I want)
- Mars refinished to matte black frame with either deep or shallow blue pol custom cuts and LG blue rubbers (no going back from the refinish, but it'll be less common...)

I considered doing a fourth pair refinished to polished, that'd be pretty unique, but I don't think I'll go that far...

All frames sourced from eyeframesman. I wouldn't mess with anything that comes complete set matched box/coin etc.

u9aqupup.jpg
3e5e9emu.jpg
ba7yga7e.jpg

vusede4a.jpg

bu4e6a8a.jpg

Mars all the way

Yup. The first one is a one off, the second is somewhere between emerald and jade.

I hate oakleys +red/OO. Wildly inconsistent, and no where near dark enough.

I gotta say I've been real leery of 3rd party replacement lenses, concerned about optical quality, even if not easily noticeable, compared to OEM (InfiniteHero has some great test pics of OEM vs. LG).

But, those one-offs are incredible; seen your posts on "what are you wearing"; They're so awesome they should be part of your product lineup; I'm drooling...

I gotta say I've been real leery of 3rd party replacement lenses, concerned about optical quality, even if not easily noticeable, compared to OEM (InfiniteHero has some great test pics of OEM vs. LG).

But, those one-offs are incredible; seen your posts on "what are you wearing"; They're so awesome they should be part of your product lineup; I'm drooling...

Yes well, I'd gh4au will put them in a carbon c6...

The lenses I'm distributing here are about as good as it gets. Made in the us, buy a guy who loves oakleys, but more importantly love quality. He tests each mirror recipe in a salt bath before he'll sell them to make sure they won't flake. They come with AR and a super hydrophobic solution. And you can get bad ass colors. Post in the review thread and tag gh4au or nyhokie and see what they say.

Back