• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Emerald Lenses

lawman0210

Oakley Expert
I hope not to be brow beaten on this because its a colorway question. but....

I know Oakley put out Emerald lenses with a plasma frame. I picked up a set of Emeralds the other day fully expecting replace my Ice lenses in my plasma frame when I thought to myself "self those crabon frames look pretty plain with those Polarized black iridiums. So I put the emeralds in the carbon frame and think they look awesome.

Any thoughts over the plasma?

Great choice. I have an plasm/emerald Juliet, looks great. I am also planning to do an XS carbon with emerald. Post some pics, would like to see them.

Yeah that's the only frame color I just can't get used to. I had gotten a sweat deal on a Polished frame serialized with hammer stems brand new for I think it was around 180.00 but then declined as I just couldn't get used to them on me.

Hey I see you are on here a lot. Other then X squared, xmetal, and pennies are they any other styles that have the same lens shape as Juliet's? My head is that weird size that pennies are a little to smaller. Juliets are just a tad to big x squared just don't look good as I like that tapered look as far as I know the Xmetals are slightly larger then Juliet's. looking to see if there is any other Oakley close to the awesomeness of the Juliet's. Can even be carbonate frames. My 2 favorite pair of glasses were a Maui jim titanium sport, and Rayban 3179. the next best looking frame is the whisker even though its more squared off. But they are as expensive enough to be my "best pair" and much less customizing.

After seeing the Emeralds in the carbon frame I may even get rid of the Black iridium because if I had my choice I think I would take the emeralds all day long. The only saving grace with the Black iridiums is that they are Polarized. I liked the way you can change lenses but I am getting the feeling that most of us are 2 lazy to change them and find its easier to just stock pile bunches of frames with lens colors so we don't have to change them. So when we are walking out the door we grab the pair we feel like wearing that day. Me personally if I am walking out and feeling like blue that decision can easily changed when I say "crap I have to change the lens, well maybe I am feeling more red today LOL"

Nope, emerald is not such a polarizing topic :rofl:
Don't know what your duties entail- whether you are in uniform or not or on the road- but if you're going to wear emerald at work then polarized are probably safer. Had this same discussion with another forum member offline last week.
You'll get some of that fuzziness off the computer but will really cut down on glare and see into vehicles better. I'd accept this trade-off.
Infinite Hero or Dr Chop can set you up with polarized emerald for Juliets. There is a variation in emerald as there is in most other tints, IMO I like the older green which is a more subtle green. The Gen 1 plasma has the "bone" finish which looks great with emerald (or any tint actually).
You'll grow tired of switching out lenses and will eventually want to have individual frames that will allow you to grab them and go. Additionally with constant swapping you might start chipping away the iridium where the lens meets the frame.
Lastly, if you like emerald you'll really love emerald slate. Unfortunately this is only available on Ichiros, which sends you further down the slippery slope that you are already headed down.
To speak to styles, you didn't mention the XX which is a bigger scale Juliet. Or you can try the X Metal's cousin the Mag Switch of which the dark carbon looks great in uniform but doesn't come in emerald.
You're actually joining this hobby at a good time where third parties like the X Man, Infinite Hero or Dr Chop can pretty much help you to do whatever you wish in XM family colorway combinations. (Except emerald slate...)
Used to be you were pretty much limited by what you could get off the shelf.
Best!

Ty you very much. I appreciate the response. Always been a big fan of the Polarized but since getting Juliet's most of the lenses I like are non pol. I imagine those guys are taking Oakley Pol and cutting them down to fit the Juliet. probably going to have to take advantage of their services and yes I agree to lazy to change out lenses. I have acquired for pair of Juliet's and 2 fakes in last month.

yea have Dr.chop, xmetalmaniac, or infinitehero cut you an emerald polar for your juliets and youll be in love. I just got a set for my holbrooks and the lenses are spectacular.

Latest Posts

Back