• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

For Sale Emerald Mars SGH Exclusive. All Original

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Username Hidden said:
Unfortunately with a pair like this, it's one of the rarest Mars colorways and no box/coin really hinders the value. And as Q mentioned, there's no way for us to know if the lenses are original. Maybe take a picture of the serial/SKU so that members can verify?

But anyways these are one of my favorite Mars so good luck with the sale.
There is no sku on the frames, and all mars have the same serial outside leathers and craters

Some people reacted to this post.
My lack of X-Metal knowledge is showing, thanks for that. I thought the serials would help identify it like Juliets.

Username Hidden said:
The problem is, there's no way to tell if you just cut emerald lenses for a mars frame, or if its oem

Troo dat. I've got one with no box & paid about the same as a regular mars plus what it would cost for custom lenses. No reason to suspect it's not an SGH original though.

Are there still emerald donors you can cut for Mars?

Qtrain: based on your list though I didn't see any donor lenses that matched the curvature of mars lenses. I've owned these for 7+ years and have not done anything to harm them. They were bought when the emerald mars were still available. If there is so much doubt would it be possible to send them to you for authentication? I can assure you that the lenses have not been custom cut. So if it comes down to it, you can take out the lenses and check that they are original oakley manufactured. I'm sure that they will have the smooth finish that oakley lenses have around the edges. I don't know for certain because I have never opened the orbitals.

Thread needs to be clean. Keep this to the sale of them only...... Thanks guys...

Thanks X.

price lowered to $550 shipped US Only

2nd request......It's a for sale thread lets please keep it that way for the OP. Thank you...

Some posts that question the validity of the Emerald lens for the Mars are in some ways sidestepping the main point of concern. This lens on it's own was available via Oakley, so there was nothing preventing the acquisition of the original lens then swapping it into an X Metal frame, further, since X Metal - Black/Ruby (& Emerald) had the same arm serial of M######, it is IMPOSSIBLE to confirm for 100% that the glass on it's own is 'the' Sunglass Hut, X Metal - Emerald 04-106 release. The ONLY way is to have the box with the label to confirm that.

send brazil
I paid !!!!!!!!!!

Anybody else think Paulo Bortolo is awesome?!?! This guy rocks!

Status
Not open for further replies.