• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Emerald Or Black Iridium

-=Jeff=-

Oakley Expert
Which would you use?

I have mostly Black Iridium or Black Iridium Polarized.. how much lighter/different is the Emerald Iridium?

I have Titanium Iridium on my Juliets and would like to get another set of lenses for them. I know I want a neutral based lens and i am also debating on a polarized lens or not.. my RX are Polarized so either work for me..

I love both lenses but honestly they're completely different. Emerald is good on cloudy days or near evening but most of the time, the sun is too brutal where I live to wear anything lighter than Black Iridium.

For reference Emerald Iridium is 13%, Black Iridium is 10% and Black Iridium Polarized is 9%.

So is it the lower the transmission number the better the lens is at reflecting the sunlight? Or do I have it backwards?

I ask because (providing they fit properly) my Juliets will be purchased with Ruby lenses, but I'll also be ordering Blue Iridium and Emerald Iridium lenses and I'd hate to have to switch them out all the time just based on sun conditions.

So is it the lower the transmission number the better the lens is at reflecting the sunlight? Or do I have it backwards?

I ask because (providing they fit properly) my Juliets will be purchased with Ruby lenses, but I'll also be ordering Blue Iridium and Emerald Iridium lenses and I'd hate to have to switch them out all the time just based on sun conditions.

Nah you'll be alright mate, I had my Juliets with the Ruby Irid's and they're fine through the day. The blue base takes a quick getting used to.. but other than that they're pretty good all-rounders.

Well, I want something for cloudy days but that will also work in bright light. currently I wear my Black Iridium all the time cloudy/sunny Etc. but I also don't want to have to carry a couple pairs as well. my XX are Black Iridium, but I think I need to send them in for a tune up, I noticed the nose is looser then the Juliets although they are not too bad yet. the Titanium are different and not what I would wear on a bright day

I used to wear Black Iridium all the time and it was fine. Then again my eyes are a bit more sensitive to light than most so they worked for most situations.

Latest Posts

Back