1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Yeti

Yeti Frostmonkey Staff Member Premium Member

Is anyone a fan of this genre, whether it be moves or literature?

I've been getting more and more into it, and I am looking for some new suggestions.

Just finished On The Beach if anyone has read that. Also I suggest picking up Cormac McCarthy's 'The Road' (and the nearly as good movie adaptation with Vigo Mortinsen)

Also, watch the BBC docu-drama 'Threads'. It's a pretty frightening depiction of how things would be after the bombs fell. You can watch it here THREADS (Nuclear War) - YouTube

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. qtrain23

qtrain23 3D Printing Protege

I love movies like that. Good stuff.

3. Yeti

Have you watched The Road? It's so damn good. The book is outstanding, a little darker and more explicit than the movie.

4. Frogskins

Frogskins Oakley Expert

The more people that watch/read this kinda stuff, the closer the world actually gets to ending.

So please stop, and we'll all last forever ...

:flypig:

5. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

+1....the day after tomorrow , 2012. Stuff like that among others.

6. Yeti

I prefer the darker, more depressing stuff rather than the "brave american saves the world".

No offence to the country, more to the writers/directors/producers.

7. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Understood:thumb: I only named them. I didn't wanna get too depressing but those movies (the darker depressing ones) are so interesting.

8. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

On the Beach was also an excellent made for t.v. film. I also like the genre. Another cool film is Children of Men with Clive Owen.

9. peelz

peelz Oakley Beginner

so far my favorite movie in this area is "the Book of Eli" very well done and dark. not a big Denzel Washington fan, but this one is good.

I was riveted. Mostly, because it didn't seem all that far fetched to me. It is plausible that we could destroy our world fighting over religious doctrine. and scary.

Instead of just minding our biz-nass and just getting along and learning to live with each other (As "most" religions teach, yet we ignore) :)

10. adox

adox Oakley Beginner

The Stand - Stephen King :thumb: