• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

End Of The World/Post-Apocalyptic Fiction

Yeti

Frostmonkey
Staff member
Calgary Alberta
Is anyone a fan of this genre, whether it be moves or literature?

I've been getting more and more into it, and I am looking for some new suggestions.

Just finished On The Beach if anyone has read that. Also I suggest picking up Cormac McCarthy's 'The Road' (and the nearly as good movie adaptation with Vigo Mortinsen)

Also, watch the BBC docu-drama 'Threads'. It's a pretty frightening depiction of how things would be after the bombs fell. You can watch it here THREADS (Nuclear War) - YouTube

The more people that watch/read this kinda stuff, the closer the world actually gets to ending.

So please stop, and we'll all last forever ...

:flypig:

I prefer the darker, more depressing stuff rather than the "brave american saves the world".

No offence to the country, more to the writers/directors/producers.

Understood:thumb: I only named them. I didn't wanna get too depressing but those movies (the darker depressing ones) are so interesting.

On the Beach was also an excellent made for t.v. film. I also like the genre. Another cool film is Children of Men with Clive Owen.

so far my favorite movie in this area is "the Book of Eli" very well done and dark. not a big Denzel Washington fan, but this one is good.

I was riveted. Mostly, because it didn't seem all that far fetched to me. It is plausible that we could destroy our world fighting over religious doctrine. and scary.

Instead of just minding our biz-nass and just getting along and learning to live with each other (As "most" religions teach, yet we ignore) :)

Back