• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Endurance of frames

jimmy1

Oakley Beginner
Greece
I always liked the style of Oakley glasses but unfortunately never owned a pair so far. Now I seriously think of buying an Oakley prescription frame but I'm a little concerned regarding whether it will actually withstand the test of time. I don't abuse my glasses but I don't like frail stuff either and I'd like my new frame to last for many years, just like the Ray Ban one which I currently have and use in a daily basis for over a decade now without a single problem.

What mainly concerns me is this: Oakley prescription glasses have those so-called "Unobtainium" earsocks on the arms of the frame, which sure feels good as a material but I'm not sure about its durability. So if possible, I'd like to ask you guys what your experience with those earsocks is since I wouldn't like to be unpleasantly surprised by having to buy replacement earsocks anytime soon.

Thanks for your time!

Last edited:
I've been beating the living hell out of unobtainium ear socks on Radars for years. I have 6 pair in regular cycling rotation. When it (the unobtainium) gets wet from sweat it gets and stays tacky, keeping them tight against my head. I clean them with mild dish detergent and water after 3 or 4 uses.
It is extremely durable. ;)

Back