• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Enduro, Chainlink And Crankshaft Coming April 2014

slvrdragn69

I should Work at Oakley
New Jersey
I got to try on these 3 new styles yesterday and had the forum in mind so I made sure I got a front pic and a side pic while being worn so everyone can have an idea as to what they look like on a face instead of on a table. I personally am really excited about these because they're all incredibly comfortable. Great new styles all around and a few new lens options with them I am really stoked about. Sorry for my goofy faces, we were jokin around whilst taking these. Hope everyone enjoys!

So here they are. Start with the Enduro. Simple, really light, great fit and apparently replacing the Garage Rock:
Side-Polished Black w/ Black Iridium
hilg.jpg

Front-Matte Black w/ Grey
jduf.jpg

Chainlink, I really like the frame itself, I wear the Crosslink OPH frame and this is pretty much the sunglass version of it with more wrap and a bit more lens. Very light and comfy.
Side-Polished Clear w/ Violet Iridium
wtsq.jpg

Front-Polished Clear w/ Violet Iridium
kbut.jpg

Crankshaft, My favorite of the 3 that I got to try. Crazy comfortable, amazing fit, 2 new badass lens colors and just a great glass. Took a few extras of this one...

Side-Polished Black w/ Black Iridium
1p5m.jpg

Front-Polished Clear w/ Ice Iridium
g7u8.jpg

Side-Matte Clear w/ Violet Iridium Polarized!!!!! SO STOKED FOR THIS!
ewv3.jpg

Front-Matte Clear w/ Violet Iridium Polarized
r4hk.jpg

Thanks for thinking of us and taking the time to post pics ...
Of course. It's what this community is about! I have the list of colors for the crankshaft right now. Trying to get the list for the other 2. Once I get them all figured out I will post a list of the colorways for each.

Thanks for posting bro... but I think the Enduro looks like a cross between a Jupiter and a garage rock; chainlink is like a Jupiter squared and a Holbrook; and the crankshaft is like a fuel cell and a crankcase....

Thanks for posting bro... but I think the Enduro looks like a cross between a Jupiter and a garage rock; chainlink is like a Jupiter squared and a Holbrook; and the crankshaft is like a fuel cell and a crankcase....
Yep! As for comparisons though, the arms on the Enduro are really thin and the size and shape of it is far more similar to the Garage Rock IMO. The Chainlink is smaller than both the Jupiter Squared and Holbrook but has the same fit wrap wise and feel on the arms (less the fact that it has rubber all the way down it). The Crankshaft however, you're dead on. I think they did this because of the discontinuation of the Crankcase though. It was the in-between size of those two.

I may have to see more pics of the crankshaft it really really looks like a fuel cell or a crankcase without the space in the arm.
Also the chainlink looks awesome but the Icon looks like one off of a female specific frame. I hope I’m wrong cause those are my favorites out of the three.

I may have to see more pics of the crankshaft it really really looks like a fuel cell or a crankcase without the space in the arm.
Also the chainlink looks awesome but the Icon looks like one off of a female specific frame. I hope I’m wrong cause those are my favorites out of the three.
It's definitely similar to the Fuel Cell and Crankcase, It feels different than both though. Definitely not a huge change though. I liked it most because of the Violet Iridium Polar. The icon you're talking about though is just the older round "O" instead of the more popular and newer square "O". Not feminine at all IMO.

Yep! As for comparisons though, the arms on the Enduro are really thin and the size and shape of it is far more similar to the Garage Rock IMO. The Chainlink is smaller than both the Jupiter Squared and Holbrook but has the same fit wrap wise and feel on the arms (less the fact that it has rubber all the way down it). The Crankshaft however, you're dead on. I think they did this because of the discontinuation of the Crankcase though. It was the in-between size of those two.

it doesn't have the "wow" factor IMO... but hey its just me. lol... actually the three pairs suits you well bro. well, ill just wait to see the pairs in person. its just like the garage rocks before, I never liked the frame but once I tried it on I kinda accepted them.