• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ethical Exchange Posting

greg

Oakley Expert
Philadelphia
Ok guys I need some help with a situation. I want to post something in the exchange but someone has been trying to sell the same thing for awhile now. The price they're selling at is VERY fair to both the buyer and seller. However, If I post to the exchange I will be posting well below his price because I got the item very cheap.

So the problem is should I wait for his to sell, which it hasnt... or do I go ahead and just post my item at my price?

Just wondering what you guys think the right thing to do is??? again the one that is already posted, the seller is asking a fair price... its not a high price, I consider it myself fair market value.

Greg

I would say if you feel comfortable with passing along the deal to the forum that you received. Then I don't have a problem with it.

So this is an item you own and want to sell? or an online deal you want to pass on thats better than his price?

I think we're all aware the prices for Oakleys are very volatile. I've sold some very cheap pairs after having gotten a deal on them despite someone else with a similar listing.

Yours will sell fast, they'll be in the same boat. If their listing was new today and the market was very small for the item... yeah maybe wait a few days. If their listing is older and yours will be snapped up I'd just list them.

I say list it, if you want to pass on a deal you got then good for you and whoever buys it. There are just as many deals on here as there are some overpriced (IMHO) items.

Its an Item I own, I have it and want to sell, but again someone else is selling theirs right now and has been trying to sell it for a week or two now. should I wait for it to sell or post... I dont want to piss him off and come in at a lower price and then possibly drive down the market.

Last edited:
I think you should just list it also. You aren't trying to hurt the other seller, just selling your item at a price that is still benefiting you.

whatsinthebox.jpg

Latest Posts

Back