1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. greg

greg Oakley Enthusiast

Ok guys I need some help with a situation. I want to post something in the exchange but someone has been trying to sell the same thing for awhile now. The price they're selling at is VERY fair to both the buyer and seller. However, If I post to the exchange I will be posting well below his price because I got the item very cheap.

So the problem is should I wait for his to sell, which it hasnt... or do I go ahead and just post my item at my price?

Just wondering what you guys think the right thing to do is??? again the one that is already posted, the seller is asking a fair price... its not a high price, I consider it myself fair market value.

Greg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Ecko

Ecko Team RamRod Staff Member Premium Member

I would say if you feel comfortable with passing along the deal to the forum that you received. Then I don't have a problem with it.

3. the_owl

the_owl Oakley Expert

So this is an item you own and want to sell? or an online deal you want to pass on thats better than his price?

4. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

I think we're all aware the prices for Oakleys are very volatile. I've sold some very cheap pairs after having gotten a deal on them despite someone else with a similar listing.

Yours will sell fast, they'll be in the same boat. If their listing was new today and the market was very small for the item... yeah maybe wait a few days. If their listing is older and yours will be snapped up I'd just list them.

5. RetinaBurn

RetinaBurn Oakley Enthusiast

I say list it, if you want to pass on a deal you got then good for you and whoever buys it. There are just as many deals on here as there are some overpriced (IMHO) items.

6. greg

greg Oakley Enthusiast

Its an Item I own, I have it and want to sell, but again someone else is selling theirs right now and has been trying to sell it for a week or two now. should I wait for it to sell or post... I dont want to piss him off and come in at a lower price and then possibly drive down the market.

Last edited: 2/22/14
  7. the_owl

the_owl Oakley Expert

pffft. List it.

8. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

I think you should just list it also. You aren't trying to hurt the other seller, just selling your item at a price that is still benefiting you.

cacatman likes this.
  9. jrd5497

jrd5497 Oakley Enthusiast

I think you should list it as well.

10. the_owl

the_owl Oakley Expert